~4~

*𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃*

What does she mean by ' you're not longer responsible of the project, I am" ?

"Oh you didn't hear me ? Lemme repeat then... I'm your boss on this project and you're the assistant from now on" she repeated herself with such a devil grin.

Jisoo looked at her in disbelief. How did it happen ? Why would they retire the project from her ? Who ? Chae ?... No, she's sure Chae would never do that to her knowing how happy and excited she was to work on her first project as the first responsible, so who ?

"Who ?" she thought out loud, her eyes fixated on the floor.

"Who ? You mean who took the head of the project away from you and gave it to me ?" she asked, her voice full of mockery.

Jisoo couldn't answer, she was just waiting for Jennie to answer her question.

"It was Mr. Kim" she finally answered, "he personally told me that he wanted me to be in charge of KANDY project"

Jisoo looked was now confused, Mr Kim ? The new CEO ? She hasn't even met him yet, why would he do that ? Did she do something wrong ?

Jennie seemed to have noticed her confusion so she continued.. "He saw a picture of you and concluded that you wasn't qualified enough to lead such a project so he just chose the person who was the most capable of doing so, that's why he chose me, because duh look at me" She twirled and stopped to face me "and look at you... I mean it's not hard to understand" She scoffed.

Jisoo was now even more shocked, so he took her the responsibility of the project after seeing a...picture...of her ? He judged her capabilities based on her look ?

She couldn't believe it, he never even saw a single of her work and yet he deducted that she wasn't talented enough to lead a project basing himself on her look ? Is he that superficial ?

Lose the opportunity of her life for that superficial reason is too stupid, it's not fair at all. She had never thought that not being girly or dolled up everyday would make her lose such an opportunity. She feels like crying right now.

But she surely won't, not for such stupid reason and surely not in front of that girl whom is looking at her like she's some dirty peasant, she won't give her the pleasure to see her being weak.

Jisoo took all the courage she needed and finally said "I see.. It's good then. If Mr Kim think that you'll do it better than me then he might be right "

She was smiling even though everyone could tell that that smile his fake but she doesn't care at the moment, she just doesn't want to seem weak in front of anyone.

"Let's do our best and make this project a success okay ? And I'll do my best to help you" she smiled as she extended her hand for Jennie to shake it.

Jennie who was looking at her with her arms crossed simply scoffed after looking at Jisoo's hand in front of her, does she think they're friends ? The fuck she wants her to shake her hand for ?

"Keep your hands to yourself" she said and threw the paper at her face before walking away..."I don't give a shit about your friendship, just stay in your place and don't disturb me"

As soon as she left the place Jisoo let her whole body down on her desk. Her hands on both sides of her body, she was still processing what just happened. She was on the verge of crying but held on her tears, she doesn't want to cry for that.

She was still thinking when Jimin entered their office.

"Jisoo ?"

She quickly wiped the tears forming in her eyes and faced him with her usual smile, which this time was obviously fake.