brush your teeth

for clarification, you and Matt are dating in this!!

love you guys, hope you enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------

Pale sunlight peeked through the blinds and illuminated the skin on Matt's back as he laid on his side next to you. You rubbed your eyes, yawning and stretching under the covers. It was an early Saturday morning and the sun had just began to rise outside. You always woke up early on your own, you've just been that way since childhood. Of course, this doesn't mean you got out of bed early. Besides, who could leave such a comfortable space when their favorite person in the entire world is sharing it with them?

Matt shifted under the sheets, his back muscles flexing as he turned over a bit more. He always seemed to sense when you woke up; his body would typically begin to stir not too long after your's. You watched as his back expanded with a deep inhale, then relaxed as he sighed into the pillow and laid still after. You smiled to yourself as you kept your eyes on the brunette. You loved mornings with him.

You reached your hand over and gently grazed your fingers on his skin, tracing small shapes into his back. You felt him move a bit underneath your touch, consciousness slowly returning to him as he gradually woke up. Goosebumps began forming under your fingertips as you continued your tracing, drawing imaginary lines connecting the freckles that were speckled on him.

He suddenly took in a sharp inhale and you felt the bed shift as he stretched his legs out under the blankets. He slowly turned over, now stretching his upper body as he looked over at you. He gave you a warm smile and whispered, his voice raspy from sleep, "Hi."

That was all it took for you to immediately fold.

You felt a giddy smile plaster itself on your face as you shuffled over to him, his arms welcoming you in. You buried yourselves into each other, your face in his chest and his mouth planting soft kisses on your forehead. His arms held you close to him, your hearts beating against one another. You peek up at him and giggle, whispering back, "Hey."

He chuckled as he looked down at you, amusement beaming in his eyes. "What's got you so flustered this early?" He smirked as he gave another kiss to your forehead.

It was then that you felt the heat in your cheeks and ears. Matt could make you a tomato with one word and a smile. That felt pathetic.

You rolled your eyes and huffed, glaring at him. He giggled and leaned down suddenly, going in for a kiss. A mischievous grin grew on your face and you suddenly squirmed out of his arms, dodging him and residing to your own side of the bed again. He watched you in shock, his brows furrowing in confusion. "What was that for?" His voice was dramatic as he tried reaching for you again.

You laughed and dodged him once more, "Brush your teeth, then you can have a taste of this!" You jokingly puckered your lips at him and giggled.

His jaw dropped and he sat up on the mattress, scoffing. "There's no way you just told me to brush my teeth before kissing my girlfriend. Are you tryna say my breath stinks?" He narrowed his eyes at you and pointed his finger accusingly. You bit your bottom lip as you smiled, nodding slowly.

You never actually cared whether he had brushed his teeth or not, you loved the morning kisses regardless. However, you needed some way to get back at him for teasing you about your blushed face.

He cracked his knuckles and sighed, nodding in response. "Alright, well then... If my breath stinks soooo bad, guess we'll have to go kissless, right?" He frowned sarcastically as he stood up from the bed, heading for the bathroom to start getting ready.