i hate (crave) you

hey guys!! i love you all so muchhhh

this short was requested by the user @pinklalaloopsy !! i hope everyone enjoys!!

for clarification, this is a more "enemies to lovers" short! i completely forgot that trope existed HAHAHA but i loveeee it :))

p.s. im so excited for christmas but all i wish i could ask for is someone to be my man. and preferably for him to be a carbon copy of matt. im pathetic haha

---------------------------------------------------------

You stared mindlessly at the whiteboard as you chewed on the end of a pencil, tapping your desk with your other hand. The clock's ticks rang through your ears as you zoned out deeper. It felt as if this class was never going to end. It was pointless, sitting in a stale room for hours on end to learn a math theorem you'd never use again. You silently prayed for a way to escape this educational jail cell, tuning out your teacher's mono-toned voice.

As if it heard your wishes, your phone buzzed in your lap. You discretely looked down and checked it underneath the desktop, pretending to pick at your fingernails. Opening the notification, you found a message from a good friend of your's. The text read:

"heyyy! my boyfriend and i skipped last period and hung out in the janitor's closet, but i left my calculator in there and i reallyyy need it for my next class. would u pretty pls go get it for me and put it in my locker? i'll literally do anything bae"

You subconsciously sighed and your thumbs hesitated over the keyboard as you pondered your response. You could just ask to use the bathroom and quickly get the calculator for her, or you could rot in your chair for the rest of class and pretend to listen to the lesson.

Definitely the calculator option.

You quickly typed up a message stating that you'd go get it, then closed your phone and raised your hand. It took a minute, but your teacher finally noticed you and allowed you to use the restroom. You smiled and rushed into the hallway, speed walking to the janitor's closet.

Crossing your fingers, you turned the corner and was happily surprised to see that there were currently no hall monitors around the closet. You practically leaped over to it, swinging open the door and quietly sliding inside. Flicking on the lights, you began your search for the calculator. You had to move quickly so you wouldn't be caught.

However, the calculator was no where in sight. It was as if your friend had stashed it away somewhere. Did she shove it behind cleaning bottles? Why was it so hard to find?

Suddenly, the door opened behind you. You gasped and whipped around, expecting to be yelled at for skipping. Your expression quickly changed to one of confusion, though, as you saw who had entered the closet.

It was Matt. The last person you enjoyed seeing.

Matt's face carried the same look as he shut the door behind him, glaring at you. He stayed pressed against the door, as if he had to keep his distance from you. How thoughtful.

Despite the fact that you both were friends with all of the same people, you and Matt had never gotten along. You were even best friends with both of his brothers, yet he still seemed to dislike everything about you. You didn't know what caused his unwarranted hatred for you, so you felt the need to return it. If he didn't like you, then you wouldn't waste your time being polite.

He deeply sighed, sounding angry already. He murmured with attitude, "What are you doing in here? Practicing for your future career? A janitor?"

You rolled your eyes and spoke back with the same tone, "I'm in here to get my friend's calculator that she forgot earlier, idiot. What about you? Trying to find a cleaner strong enough to fix your horrible smell?"