sweet tooth

hey guys! this story is inspired by the song "sweet tooth" by cavetown! (i was listening to him for nostalgia lol) i hope you guys like it tehe

also for clarification, y/n and matt are friends in this one and then you guys become lovers at the end! yay okay read!

---------------------------------------------------------

Ever since you were a little girl, you always had a thing for baking. You found that you loved the process: the unsure start, the messes, the finished products, all of it. Your favorite part, though, was when people tasted the treats you baked. You loved watching their reactions, like their eyes lighting up as the taste hits them, or when their lips form an unstoppable smile from the sweetness. It always brought you joy when someone loved your desserts. Nobody's reactions brought you as much joy as Matt's did, though.

He's always had a thing for sweets like you did, the only difference being that his love was for eating them. To say he was thrilled the first time you baked something for him would be an understatement.

When you brought peanut butter and chocolate fudge to the triplets' house, you were not expecting such a huge reaction out of him. After you handed it to him, he peeked inside the foil on top and his eyes went wide. His smile was huge as he quickly jumped to put the container on the counter and almost pushed you over with a hug. You giggled and hugged back, your head spinning with the thousands of thank you's he was spewing at you while laughing.

You spent the rest of that day hanging out with the boys and playing video games. You noticed that multiple times throughout the day, Matt would sneak off to the kitchen. He'd happily hurry back into the living room and plop back down onto the couch next to you, flashing a giddy smile before returning back to the game.

You didn't think much of it until he stood up for the twentieth time to do it again. You watched in suspicion as he disappeared around the corner into the kitchen. About a minute later, he returned and sat back on the couch again, just like he had been doing. This time, however, you noticed he had a smudge of chocolate on the corner of his lips. You fought every fiber in your body to hold back cheesing and smiling. Your cheeks flushed as you pretended to focus on the game.

After the round ended, Chris got up from his beanbag and headed into the kitchen. You all started talking about how unfair it was that Nick got first place when Chris's voice suddenly rang through the house. "Matt, dude, did you eat all of this fudge?! Come on man!" His voice rose into a yell at the end of the sentence and you heard him forcefully put the container on the counter.

Matt giggled nervously and immediately started fidgeting with his chain necklace, his ears going beet red with blush. You couldn't tell if it was from embarrassment or from the fact that he got to eat all of the fudge you made.

From then on, you brought something for Matt way more often. The feeling you got from witnessing his excitement for your desserts was worth all of the hours you spent baking. It was a cute little thing you two had going on, the mutual love for desserts being shared by one's baking and one's eating.

Despite living by the term "friends" with Matt your entire life, you actually had intense feelings for him. This had been going on for years, but you were far too scared to ruin your friendship to say anything about it to him. The dessert exchange between the two of you only deepened your feelings for him, though.

You didn't know, however, that it was also deepening his.

You were about to start a new recipe for cupcakes, moving swiftly in the triplets' kitchen to get the ingredients. They let you bake in their kitchen anytime you had the urge to and they definitely didn't mind the free sweets that came with it.