scaredy cat

helloooo friendsss!!! i hope everyone's doing amazing :) ily guys sm

this short was requested by @amxbfjcbs !!

thank you all SO MUCH for reading and i really really hope u enjoy this one!! i love every one of you guys. u all mean the world to me <3

p.s. sorry i havent been updating much, i am trying to take time off of social media and work on myself. i'm high key addicted to it LOLLL

---------------------------------------------------------

You sat in Target's parking lot, lost in thought in your driver's seat as you picked at your fingernails. You'd just left the store with a successful purchase: a matching set of cute pajama pants for you and Matt. They were necessary for tonight... Date Night.

In the beginning stages of your relationship, you and Matt agreed on setting time aside each week for just the two of you. You both settled on naming it "Date Night", since you usually did date-like activities each time. The title also just made you happy, which made Matt happy.

Most of these occasions were something along the lines of dressing up and going to a nice restaurant, splurging at a random arcade, or simply sitting in Matt's car in a parking lot at 1 in the morning and shoveling ice cream into your faces.

Of course, you absolutely loved every one of these nights and you always had an amazing time. You spent them with Matt, why wouldn't it be awesome?

This thought brought you back to tonight, which suddenly reminded you of just the thing that'd make a Date Night not so spectacular. A horror movie.

Earlier this week, you and Matt were eating cereal on the couch early in the morning. You watched as Matt could hardly keep his eyes open, struggling to finish his bowl. Despite how cute you found him when he was sleepy, you couldn't help but feel concerned for the boy. He'd had a long and tiring weekend, full of errands and hard work. The triplets' manager had a long list of tasks for each of the boys, and the list didn't seem to allow them any time for a break. Fortunately, Matt was promised time off on your Date Night day.

You knew, however, that Matt would've absolutely refused to skip a Date Night to rest. He was always adamant about putting you first, even if it meant he couldn't take care of himself as needed. This meant you'd have to find a way to sneak around his stubbornness and somehow get him to relax on Date Night.

You brought up the idea of just staying in for this week's Date Night and watching a good movie, that way you could both lay on the couch and cuddle with good food. Matt seemed to perk up at the suggestion, getting excited over it. He ranted about how you could get take out, share popcorn, and even wear matching pajamas. You giggled at the fact that he was the one to come up with wearing matching pajamas, but your joy soon faded as he got even more excited and ranted about a movie he'd been dying to see.

It was a new horror movie that'd been released recently that Matt hadn't stopped talking about. He would rave about it to you at breakfast, lunch, while you two did laundry, while you cooked. He'd talk about it any chance he got, which you would normally find adorable, but this hyper fixation only brought you dread.

You absolutely hated horror movies. Despised them. Avoided them at any cost. You didn't know why they freaked you out so much, but you always had a horrible time watching them. Not to mention the weeks afterwards that you'd spend horrified of every little thing. You would have trouble sleeping at night, walking around dark corners or hallways, and getting into your car during late hours of the day. You would constantly think about the scary things that happened in the movie, and you'd panic about them becoming reality.