milkshakes

hey guyssss!! this one's kinda random but i thought it'd be cute lolll (am i the only person who's been accidentally saying lol like letter by letter irl recently.... someone needs to stop me)

anyways, to clarify, y/n and matt are friends in this that are crushy crushy with each other! enjoy! love you all!!

---------------------------------------------------------

The triplets had spent every summer with friends growing up. Their house and family were always the hangout ones, bringing friends to fun activities or hosting things like sleepovers. Friends came and went throughout the years, meaning summers were always filled with fun. None were as permanent as you were, though. You stuck to the circle like glue, practically threaded into the boys' lives.

Your summers were always radiating with laughter, good memories, sunshine, good food, and the triplets' love. Recently, however, they were starting to bring something else into your life. Something new. A feeling you'd never felt before. A feeling that caused butterflies to swarm in your tummy, your cheeks to heat up even when you weren't in the sun, and your mind to revolve around one person and one person only. Matt.

You two were always close and all of your childhood pictures showed it. You guys were next to each other in every single one. Holding hands as toddlers, hugging 24/7 in third grade, Matt playfully shoving you all the time in middle school; you were always interacting in some way and Marylou made sure to capture all of it.

Now, the summer before your senior year, you wanted to be even closer with him. You wanted to break the boundaries of your "friendship" and hold him close in the night, hold hands on the sidewalk, let him explore the depths of your mind and, in exchange, explore the depths of his. Obviously, though, you couldn't just shove all of that onto him on the first day of summer break. So, you decided you'd take your time and build courage before confessing to him.

As the summer proceeded like normal, you waited patiently to try to start showing hints of a crush. You liked to think that you were good at waiting, even though you were truly just nervous to try to tell him about your feelings. You two had already hung out so many times this summer, yet you hadn't used any of your time together as a chance to do it.

You decided you'd finally had enough of it. You were going to take matters into your own hands. Well, you were going to try to, at least.

You were sitting at your vanity applying blush when your phone rang. You checked the screen and squealed internally as you read Matt's contact. It was a hot Saturday morning and the triplets were picking you up to go to a diner you all often spent time at. It was one of you and the boys' favorites because of their endless selection of milkshake flavors. They also had a mini arcade room, which Chris was the biggest fan of.

You answered the call and immediately set it to speaker, placing your phone back on the desk while you continued messing with your blush in the mirror. "Yessss?" The smile on your face was evident in your voice as you struggled to contain your excitement for the first milkshake of the summer.

"We're in the driveway, slowpoke. Hurry up or we're gonna go milk and shake without you." Matt's voice came out of the phone in a smug tone, Nick and Chris's voices bickering in the background. You smiled to yourself and rolled your eyes.

"Bro, real best friends don't milk and shake without each other. Not cool." You giggled as you closed your blush, tossing it into a drawer. Matt's giggle soon followed your's, making your heart swoon. "I'll be down in a second, kay?" You stood up from your chair, walking to grab perfume.