03

CAMILLE POV

Room of Requirement parties are overrated.

I heard they used to be all the rage. The pinnacle of forbidden fun at Hogwarts back in the day.

Now it was just different cliques grouping up on the dance floor, getting sloppy, and making out to songs that were all bass and hardly any words. It was only fun if you were 1) with a group of friends, 2) had a crush you've been looking for an opportunity to grind against, or 3) were looking for someone to hook up with.

Wasn't so fun if you were only attending to prove to your douchebag ex-boyfriend that you weren't a hermit and that you did–indeed–know how to have fun without him. As if I really had any fun with him to begin with.

When he and I attended these parties together, it always went the same way. Him getting way drunker than me, him eye fucking four different girls whilst dancing with me, and then him eventually taking me back to him dorm where I would either say I'm too tired/drunk to do anything or he would pass out snoring before I even took my shoes off.

Every. Single. Time.

Being here by myself was a better experience so far, but not by much.

I didn't have to pretend to enjoy grinding up against a sweaty drunken oaf that used way too much tongue when he kissed, but I did have to watch said sweaty drunken oaf dance with the biggest bitch of them all. One of my new roommates.

Gretchen Aimes.

Last I heard, according to what she loudly overshared this morning, she and Leo Malfoy were back together. He publicly dumped her at a common room party about a month ago, and while he and I butted heads often considering we were both Seekers on rival teams, I almost felt the urge to congratulate him for seeing the light and finally dumping that witch.

She was evil. And, again, while Leo Malfoy and I didn't exactly get along, I could say with confidence that he was not evil. None of the Malfoys were. From what I've seen and observed.

I mean, yeah Nora Malfoy was a smart ass, but only to those who warranted it. She was a sweet girl, but get on her bad side, and she'll bite your head off. Probably drink your blood too. For good measure.

I only know that because I've been tutoring her and Cedric Potter in Arithmancy these past few months. The Arithmancy professor sucks, and both of them were on the verge of a mental breakdown when I overheard them in the library one evening trying to figure out the nonsensical notes. Since they're in my house, and third year Arithmancy kicked my ass too, I offered to help them study a couple times a week.

Nora Malfoy, I could be around just fine.

Leo Malfoy on the other hand...

He and I were like rams. Bashing horns to fight for the top spot.

He had this pretty boy arrogance that came with the Malfoy last name that just made me want to roll my eyes every time I saw him. He had this grin or smirk or whatever that physically made me angry. His hair is always perfect, his clothes are always perfect, and even though he was sorted into Gryffindor, he's still treated like Slytherin royalty by everyone because he comes from Slytherin royalty. He's smart, he's fit, and he has the skill to back up his confidence. Girls throw themselves at him, and he doesn't bat an eye. He has a mother and father that adore him, siblings that adore him, and like a hundred aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins that adore him as well.

He's perfect and I can't fucking stand him.

That must be the alcohol talking.

I nod, content with that conclusion, until I remember that I've only taken one shot, and that was nearly an hour ago.