09

Camille POV

Two weeks later...

"If I don't get up in the next five minutes, we're going to break rule number one." I mumbled against Leo's pillow, trying to open my heavy eyelids and get my exhausted limbs out of his bed, but he had a heavy arm slung over my waist that required more energy than I had to move currently.

Rule #1: No spending the night.

He grunted in response, "I'm comfortable."

"Don't you dare fall asleep, Malfoy. You still need to help me sneak out of here." I warned him, still making no effort to open my eyes or move any of my tired muscles.

"Should've thought of that before you jumped my bones after practice–" he began to taunt with a smirk clear in his tone, but I mustered up enough energy to playfully elbow him in the ribs to cut him off.

"You were the one that wanted to sneak into my shower in the girl's locker room. I simply suggested we pick a location that wasn't as public." I fired back matter-of-factly.

"Not as public?" he chuckled tiredly, "We had sex in the library like...last week. That's far more public than a locker room shower. And you were the one that initiated the shag in the library." He pointed out.

I was too tired for banter right now.

"Ugh--whatever." I huffed, "I'm slipping into R.E.M. as we speak."

"You can have one free pass on rule breaking if you stop talking and just...go to sleep.." Leo mumbled through a yawn.

I planned on putting up more of a protest, but my body betrayed me, and I slipped suddenly into a comfortable, peaceful sleep in Leo Malfoy's bed.

Rule #1 has officially been broken. But it would be the only one. That, I'm sure of. 

***

One week later...

"Oh–" I jumped as I rounded the corner, "Jesus Christ, you scared me." I put a hand to my chest as I exhaled.

"Whoops." Leo Malfoy chuckled, fixing his tie. His eyes quickly skimmed what I was wearing as I did the same to him. He was dressed formally. Same as me. "Where are you headed?" he questioned.

"Where are you headed?" I questioned right back.

"I asked you first." he shot back.

I rolled my eyes, "Just tell me."

"I'm going to that stupid Slug Club dinner thing." He grumbled, leaning against the stone wall and sliding his hands into his pockets, "You?"

"That's where I was headed too."

"Really?" his brows furrowed, "I didn't know you were invited to Slug Club."

I playfully punched his arm, "Don't act so surprised, asshole."

"I'm not. I'm not." he laughed, putting up his hands in surrender."I mean–I'm not surprised you were invited. I'm surprised you're actually going." he clarified. 

"Why is it surprising that I'm going?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest.

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, like it was obvious. "Because Gretchen and her groupies are there."

"And is that why you're going?" I scoffed a laugh, but quickly realized how that sounded once it left my lips. It sounded like I was accusing him of something. Like I was jealous. I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I just kind of...blurted it out.