07

Camille POV

This wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it was going to be. I was glad that Leo Malfoy was able to conduct himself in a way that didn't scream, I've seen you naked and now I can't unsee you naked. He didn't look at me like we had a secret, he didn't treat me like we had a secret. He treated me like he always did.

Like a friend. Like a casual rival. Like an equal.

I was actually getting along better with this group of Gryffindor better than most people in my own house. Besides Mona, of course. Her and I always got along, despite our many differences. She came along with us to Hogsmeade today, and she and Mick had not stopped talking about muggle action and comedy movies since we left the castle.

Nora and Cedric spent the entire walk down to Hogsmeade trying to make the perfect snowball without magic. Then Dean threw one at the back of Nora and Cedric's heads. They've been plotting their revenge ever since, and I'm starting to worry for Dean's safety a little bit honestly.

Nathan Morse, Leo, and I all bantered back and forth about a slew of different topics; from quidditch, to drama about pro quidditch players, to weird anecdotes, to drama within the castle.

"Ninety-nine percent sure Gretchen is planning on writing to Rita Skeeter about Godric only knows." Leo informed, his eyes cast down as we stepped through the snow, "I mean, she did when we broke up, but after everything that's happened this week, I can only imagine the nonsense she's cooking up in an effort to get a reaction out of me."

I fought not to show the rampant disgust I felt on my face, although the feeling was strong. Something about Gretchen Aimes made my blood boil. When I saw her picking on Nora and Cedric, something in me snapped, and I couldn't take it anymore. I've never been a confrontational person, but as of lately, it appears that confrontation is now something I face head on and without fear. Both confrontations I've had recently have resulted in a multitude of resolved emotions that I had apparently been bottling up for a while now. With them out in the open, I almost felt lighter.

"What'd she say last time, again? I forgot." Nathan asked, fixing his gloves and shoving his hands back in his pockets .

"Something like...I used my last name to get whatever I wanted, and the professors were scared to say no to me or some shit like that." Leo recalled, scoffing at the assumptions and lies.

"She's fucking mad." Nathan shook his head, "What do you imagine she'll come up with this time? Probably something wild, I imagine. Skeeter loves an eye-catching Malfoy headline."

"Yeah, I know. And with every one, my mum gets one step closer to setting the Daily Prophet on fire and making it look like an accident." Leo huffed.

I chuckled.

"I can see it now." Nathan cleared his throat, holding his hands out in front of him as if he were highlighting a headline, "Leo Malfoy allegedly using Malfoy fortune to fund major penis enhancement surgery. His cock is now legally classified as a deadly weapon–"

Leo thumped the back of Nathan's head, who was cackling at his own joke, and Dean started cracking up on the other side of me.

Whereas I continued to walk with my head down, my cheeks turning blood red as memories from that night started flooding in.

Great. How am I supposed to act natural and normal now when all I can think about is Leo Malfoy's cock?

***

I always loved the little book stores in Hogsmeade. The shelves were never ending, and before you knew it, you were so deep into the store and surrounded by so many stacks and overfilled shelfs, it was like you were in your own little world.