11

*TW: attempted SA*

Camille POV

"Mona--please stop shoving shots in my face. I do not have the tolerance that you do, and I would like to be productive tomorrow." I protested as Mona tried to hand me yet another plastic cup containing a generous shot of shitty vodka that was supposed to taste like Peach, but tasted more like vomit to me.

    "How are you going to build up a tolerance if you live your life in fear of a hangover?" Mona shouted over the music, throwing back the shot she just offered to me. "Live in the moment, C! Fuck the future!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air and dancing in time with the beat.

    "I'll live in the moment and fuck the future another time. I promise." I laughed, wishing I could be as carefree as her right now or ever. I tend to harbor an anxiety that prevents me from being as free and wild as those around me seem to be at any given time. "Preferably after the match versus Gryffindor."

    "Yeah, after you kick Leo Malfoy's ass!" She shouted her encouragement drunkenly. "You're gonna catch that Snitch, and win that game, and then we are going to party the night away! Live in the moment!"

    "Fuck the future!" I added jokingly playing along.

"Now you're getting it!" She wrapped her arms around me and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "It's gonna be great! I promise!"

    I shook my head with a laugh, finding her vodka-fueled positivity and support as kind and sweet as I always did. Mona has always been my cheerleader. She's loud, she's proud, and she loves to show everyone that she can do the splits as a party trick when she's drunk. She's been petitioning for the creation of Quidditch Cheerleading teams for each house since we arrived here at Hogwarts, but so far, she was unsuccessful. I didn't doubt that she would one day get what she wanted though. She was quite the determined witch.

    "Who you looking for, hm?" Mona wiggled her eyebrows at me, throwing an arm around my shoulder as she teetered on her pink platform heels. "Is Mr. Big-Dick-Sexy-Man in here somewhere? Are you eye fucking him across the room as we speak and I've been too drunk to notice? Oh my god...am I cock blocking–" she questioned loudly, darting her eyes around the dim Room of Requirement.

    "No, he's not here." I denied with a chuckle, knowing that Mona was too intoxicated to detect my lie.

    Leo, or Mr. Big-Dick-Sexy-Man as Mona just referred to him as, was in attendance at tonight's Room of Requirement party. And to be honest, I think what we were doing would be considered eye fucking now that Mona mentioned it.

    He was on the other side of the room, currently. Despite the large crowd of people, I always seemed to have a clear line of sight to him. When I looked, there he was, already looking at me with that typical Malfoy smirk on his face. The little bit of alcohol in my system made me want to go over there and rip that stupidly expensive white Oxford with the sexy rolled up sleeves right off of him, but I had no other choice than to exercise self control.

    Although, there have been a few times tonight that I've felt the urge not to.

    Gretchen and all her groupies were also present with dates of their own, which made the fact that each groupie made a point to try and dance up on Leo all the more strange. When Raquel approached Leo earlier, I couldn't pull my eyes away. Matter of fact, I stared at them throughout their entire interaction, my stomach turning as she squealed and threw her arms around him once she spotted him in the crowd.