08

Camille POV

"I thought you said you weren't going to the party tonight?" Mona questioned me as I rummaged through my closet. She was sitting on her bed with a small mirror set up in front of her, and all her makeup sprawled out around her.

"I'm not." I replied, wrinkling my nose at a shirt option before swiping to the next hanger.

"Then what are you getting ready for?" she continued to prod curiously.

"I'm not getting ready for anything." I semi-lied. I didn't know what I was planning on doing about Leo's offer. I was teetering between knocking twice or knocking myself out before I made a stupid decision. "I'm just—going through my closet."

I heard Mona recap a lipstick and toss it back onto her makeup pile, "Since when do you go through your closet in your free time?"

"Is this cute or not?" I held up a black sweater on the hanger in front of my body, spinning around and anxiously looking at her for a moment before I regretted even asking, "Nevermind. I know it isn't. It's just a bloody black sweater." I mumbled to myself as I turned my back to her again and rehung the sweater.

"You're obviously planning on going somewhere if you're worried about wearing something cute." She pointed out, opening up her lip gloss that popped as she pulled the wand out of the gloss-filled container. "You're welcome to come to the party with Mick and I. He won't mind. We're just friends, anyway. He says Nathan usually disappears within minutes of getting there and he needs a good beer toss partner so I told him I'd sub in. Leah Malfoy is going with us too. I ran into her in the common room before I came back up here to get ready. So it's not just Mick and I."

"It's fine, Mona." I assured her again, holding another sweater on a hanger to myself as I looked in the long mirror on the inside of my closet door, trying to see if this looked good or not, "I'm just going to chill here. I'm–pretty tired from being out all day so–"

"Oh my god–" Mona cut me off, and I heard her spring up from her bed with urgency.

"What?" I turned to look at her over my shoulder.

"You're going to see your mystery wizard again." She pointed an accusatory finger at me, her eyes and smile widening, "You're getting all gussied up to go get down with Mister Magic-Cock-Can-Find-The-Clit, again. Aren't you?"

I blinked at her a few times, flustered and recovering poorly as a result.

"Uh–no. No. I'm not–" I shook off her concern as if it were bogus, but Mona was able to read me like a book.

"You little liar!" she exclaimed with pure glee in her eyes as she rushed over to me, "You're totally going to see him again tonight. Look how flushed your cheeks are!" she pinched one and I swatted her hand away.

This blushing thing was becoming an issue.

"I'm not. I–" I tried to think of something to say, but under Mona's narrowing glare, there was no way I would be able to think of anything convincing. And honestly, I needed advice, because I was still completely unaware of what the hell to do. "He wants to be friends with benefits because he said he thoroughly enjoyed having sex with me and he's been thinking about me naked ever since and I don't know what to do because I–also–clearly–thoroughly enjoyed having sex with him and have not been able to stop thinking about him naked either, and neither one of us wants relationships right now, but that the sex was too good not to keep enjoying it. So if I agree to the arrangement, I'm supposed to show up to his dorm at sometime after eleven tonight and knock twice." I said all in one breath, finally sighing as I got the words out, "And I have no fucking clue what to do."