Aftermath: The Devil And The Doctor

On a stormy night in California, a weary man emerged from his bathroom, the routines of bedtime ready to usher him into slumber's gentle embrace. Beyond his bathroom, the television droned on, spewing updates about the latest forest fires in Nevada. Refusing to let negativity disturb his serenity, he snatched the remote, silencing the broadcast.

Just as he prepared to surrender to the solace of his blankets, a jarring ring echoed from his kitchen. Annoyed, he answered with a begrudging "hello."

"Good evening, sir. I hope I'm not intruding," the voice on the other end exuded enthusiasm.

"No, of course not," he replied, though his weariness hung heavily in the air.

"You won't believe what we've uncovered," the caller continued, aiming to pique his curiosity.

"What did you find?" he responded, a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Well, sir, another Safaitic inscription has been discovered, in the southern regions of Jordan."

"And?"

"It's written in a proto-Arabic script, just like you suspected, and it contains a genealogy of names, similar to the others." The caller continued, growing increasingly animated.

"But here's the twist, sir," he added with a dramatic pause. "One of the genealogical names is 'Tawfilos.'"

The room fell silent as the man processed this astonishing revelation. It was as if weariness and sleepiness had been swept away by a tidal wave of intrigue.

"Wait, really? Tawfilos? That's a Greek name! Are you suggesting the inscriber had a Greek ancestor?" The man's excitement broke through the fatigue.

"Yes, precisely! A Greek grandfather, it seems. This indicates cultural awareness and integration at that point. It means you were right, sir..." The caller's voice trailed off, and he paused, expecting a response.

The man's mind raced with the implications of this discovery. "Send me an image of the inscription," he finally instructed. "I'll analyze it and include it in my presentation later."

"Of course. Have a good evening, sir," the caller replied cheerfully.

"You too," the man said before ending the call. He clenched his fist, savoring the victory of this revelation. Elation coursing through his veins, he performed a strange, impromptu dance before hurrying back to bed.

That Night

Three hours later, he was in the midst of a peaceful dream when disconcerting sounds began to permeate his apartment. An abrupt crash jolted him from his slumber. He fumbled to switch on the lamp, his eyes scanning the room for any intruders. Lethargy tugging at his senses, he switched off the lamp and returned to bed.

But then, his door creaked open. Panic seized him, and he slowly uncovered his face, praying it was just his imagination. His hopes crumbled as he laid eyes on a chilling silhouette-a feminine figure with enormous bat-like wings. His voice failed him in terror as he opened his mouth to scream.

And thus, on that fateful night, a devil descended upon him, kidnapping him from his room and spiriting him away into the unknown.

Meanwhile

A week had passed since the intense Rating Game, and Asia had spent the time wisely. She enjoyed moments with members of the Kendo club, belted out songs at karaoke, and dedicated herself to mastering her newfound powers. Most importantly, she sought to capture Issei's attention, given Rias's apparent interest in him.