Aftermath: Moon, Mountains and Justice

"So he just left? Where did he think he was gonna go?" Issei scratched his head in disbelief.

"Has he even been to Japan? He should be grateful he's in Kuoh. The presence of supernatural beings prevents theft in this region. I mean, Japan is relatively crime-free, but still..." Rias chimed in, sharing the frustration.

Rias and Issei were venting their frustration. It was Sunday morning, and the Arab scholar Sona had brought from America was still missing. They weren't necessarily concerned about the morality of kidnapping; their main worry was Asia's well-being. When she had returned home the night before, she seemed visibly upset. It was clear that Asia had formed a bond with the scholar during their time together. She had a natural gift for making friends, and she took Ahmad's disappearance as a sign that he couldn't come to terms with the existence of devils.

However, she also understood that the man had essentially been kidnapped by Sona. She didn't blame Sona for her actions, knowing they were driven by good intentions. As soon as Asia had left, Sona had called upon five members of her peerage and sent them on a mission to find Dr. Ahmad and bring him back alive and unharmed. The team consisted of Tsubaki Shinra, Genshirou Saji, Tsubasa Yura, Momo Hanakai, and Reya Kusaka.

Meanwhile, Sona, who had promised her father to help Asia become stronger, was considering other ways to assist Asia in learning Sabaic. Finding another scholar was the primary plan, but this posed a significant challenge. The study of Semitic languages was no longer as popular, especially among the younger generation, due to the rise of secular thinking. Scholars like Ahmad Al Jallad, who had a true passion for these languages beyond financial gain, were a rarity. Even Dr. Ahmad himself was secular in his outlook. So, in the highly unlikely case that Ahmad wasn't found, what would be her next move?

.

"Here you go young man, on the house"

"Thank you very much mam, God bless"

An nice orderly lady handed Ahmad a bowl of noodle and a single pair of Chopstick. He could tell that the man was hungry, and she took compassion on him.

Dr. Ahmad's P.O.V

After finishing the meal that the gracious lady had offered, I decided it was time to make my exit. I didn't want to put her in any more trouble than she already was. Besides, those supernatural beings might be searching for me right now. I couldn't tell her this; it would only make me appear insane. She insisted I stay, even offering a spare room until I figured things out. I pressed for my release, and she reluctantly agreed, her face bearing the weight of her genuine desire to help. As I wandered the streets of Kuoh, I encountered numerous people willing to lend a hand. I have always heard that the Japanese are incredibly generous.

The sun, despite having barely breached 9 AM, promised an intense day of heat. Having spent days excavating inscriptions in the unforgiving Arabian desert, I had thought I could handle it. But no, it turns out going on a well-funded expedition in a desert does not equate to wondering alone without any resources, in the bustling hot streets of an Asia country you've never visited, far away from home.

These streets were, surprisingly, devoid of crime. It seemed no one here lived in fear. In fact, there were a considerable number of people moving about safely last night. That, at least, was an advantage. However, my mind kept returning to thoughts I was desperately trying to escape: if devils existed, did angels exist too? Did God exist? These thoughts, gnawing at the edges of my consciousness, provided the only distraction from the unsettling truth of my predicament, and even they aren't doing a good job at it. I'm lost in foreign land. If I go to an embassy now, what do i tell them happened? I was kidnapped by demons. Should I lie, they'll ask for proof and if I can't provide it, I'd be sent to the states as either a terrorist or illegal immigrant. I'm a scholar, I don't like bragging about it but a criminal record is not good for you if you're a scholar!! Gosh dannit.