Rating Game: Am I Not Allowed To Be Selfish?

"So, tell me again, daughter, where did you say she came from?" Lord Sitri inquired, his gaze fixed on the unfolding battle.

"Rome," Sona replied, her tone filled with intrigue as she too watched the skirmish below.

"Rome? But you say her power is connected to... what, South Arabia?"

"Yes," Sona confirmed, her eyes still focused on the field, "it was strange when I first saw it. I understand that the very earliest sacred gears all emerged in the Near East, but I had suspected something this ancient to have vanished with the ancient world."

Lord Sitri's interest was thoroughly piqued. He leaned forward, the battle momentarily forgotten as he delved into his thoughts.

"Interesting," he mused aloud, his curiosity dancing like a flame.

As usual, like all rating games, this battle had its spectators. However, due to the fact that this was a minor scuffle, it drew only a few onlookers. Among these select viewers were primarily the members of the Gremory and Phenex Houses, the two demonic branches responsible for sparking the reason for the game to begin with. Surprisingly, among the sparse audience was Lord Sitri himself, who had brought along his younger daughter, Sona. After recounting her time with Asia, Lord Sitri was struck with a sense of déjà vu, and this unexpected curiosity prompted him to attend the game.

"The ancient kingdom of Saba, huh?" Lord Sitri pondered aloud.

"Did you meet them?" Sona questioned curiously, her attention shifting briefly from the battle to her father.

"Oh yes," Lord Sitri replied with a reminiscent smile, "we would interact with them on occasions whenever we were passing by the Red Sea. They were a somewhat decent kingdom. It's sad their glory had to fade."

"What puzzles me is, why now specifically? Why choose to revive so late, and why choose someone of distant ancestry?" He continued, his voice tinged with intrigue.

Sona looked back at her father, curiosity now fully ignited by his interest. In the grand scheme of things, this minor skirmish may not have held much significance, but the infectious curiosity of her father had led her down a path of unexpected intrigue. Now, they both waited with bated breath to see how this enigmatic tale would unfold.

.

Meanwhile

.

She awoke in a realm bathed in ethereal shades of blue, her eyes filled with confusion and worry. How had she returned to this place, and why now of all times? With a sense of uncertainty gnawing at her, she decided to explore the enigmatic terrain before her.

As she ventured through this surreal landscape, she noticed Musnadic letters gently descending from above, like a delicate rain of glowing symbols. The sight perplexed her, but it also held a strange allure. A single letter, resembling a 'beth' (𐩨), floated down before her, almost touching the ground. She extended her hands, hoping to catch it, but it passed through her grasp like a wisp of air, leaving her slightly disheartened. Still, her curiosity urged her to continue exploring.

While she wandered, the cascade of letters intensified, forming a mesmerizing whirlwind around her. It was as though the letters danced in the air, creating a symphony of radiant characters. She couldn't resist the urge to reach out and touch them, but as she did, the tranquil scene gave way to chaos. The letters swirled around her in a dizzying vortex, overwhelming her senses.

Suddenly, a deafening explosion resounded through the realm, and the letters ceased their tumultuous dance. Relieved, she uncovered her ears and looked around, hoping the worst was over. However, a new sound reached her ears - the distinct rhythm of footsteps approaching.