Final Aftermath: The Magi and The Youkai

I slowly awakened, my eyes met by an intense light that momentarily blinded me. Blinking, I adjusted to my surroundings. I was lying on the floor, snug beneath a thin blanket. Surprisingly, I felt well-rested and invigorated. When I peered in front of me, there she was in all her grace. The gentle fox lady.

"Hi there, I see you're all rested up; that's good," she greeted me, her voice soft and soothing.

I couldn't help but wonder who she was and where on earth I had ended up.

Ahmad Al Jallad P.O.V

As I managed to sit up, I could now take a good look at her. Despite her otherworldly nature, she was undeniably captivating. Those tails, though they unnerved me, were an integral part of her unique charm. I had acquired strange artifacts the day before, and my initial instinct was to keep my guard up and maintain a safe distance from her. But her warm, welcoming smile and the lack of hostility in her demeanor began to ease my apprehensions.

"Salaam," I greeted cautiously. She responded with a friendly wave and a tilted head, her smile undisturbed.

"Hi, may I know what your name is?" She asked politely.

"I'm Ahmad, Ahmad Al Jallad. It's nice to meet you," I finally introduced myself, feeling compelled to reciprocate her openness.

"Nice to meet you, Ahmad. I'm Yasaka, leader of the West Youkai Faction," she replied, her voice holding an air of authority mixed with friendliness.

Yasaka P.O.V

Ahmad was indeed a peculiar human, unlike anyone I had ever encountered. His features held a unique blend of delicacy and distinctiveness. His face is almost reminiscent of how the people of the bible are depicted by man. His dark, curly hair framed a face with dark eyes, olive-toned skin, and a few days' worth of beard. In his own way, he possessed an unconventional handsomeness, yet he remained deeply mistrustful, which made me cautious not to get too close.

Looking angry, the man got up and tried to leave but immediately shut the door as fast as he opened it. I guess he is still frightened by the presence of Youkai. He returned to his seat, whispering something under his breath in a harsh, throaty dialect. Although I couldn't discern his words, his frustration was evident. We exchanged glances, and an awkward silence enveloped us.

"يا إلهي, ليش هالحظ"

The man stated in a strange language, as he covered his face with his hands, and began crying.

"Where did I go wrong? What did I do to deserve this? Why am I here?"

His questions tumbled out, and I listened in silence, letting him release his pent-up stress and sorrow. Slowly, I moved closer to him, enfolding him in my embrace and cradling him in my lap. No words were needed; I simply provided comfort and solace.

"You know," he began after a while, his voice now less burdened with sorrow, "I spent my entire life dedicated to the study of archaeology. I earned my Ph.D. and dedicated countless days and nights to deciphering dead languages and deciphering ancient Arabian inscriptions. It was grueling work, but it felt worthwhile—the toil, the sweat, the tears, the places I traveled, the cultures I immersed myself in, and the generous funding that allowed me to live a life of luxury. My existence was akin to that of a living Indiana Jones."

As he spoke, the melancholy in his voice began to wane, gradually giving way to a sense of reflection.

"But for some inexplicable reason, fate decided to wrench me from my comfortable life, thrusting me into this... bizarre world I never asked for. Devils, spirits, gods, Youkai—none of this was ever my choice. My life was splendid in its arrogance, back when I was Ahmad Al Jallad, the gifted scholar unraveling the secrets of Arabia. Now, I'm Ahmad Al Jallad, the man deemed insane, conversing with mythical creatures. It's a pitiful transformation, especially considering I have a presentation to give today."