Chapter 05

Haesoo and Felix strolled together to their classroom, their footsteps echoing in the corridor. The morning sun streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow on their conversation.

As they approached their classroom, Haesoo continued recounting her morning encounter with Hyunjin. She narrated the playful teasing and their breakfast showdown, her animated storytelling drawing Felix in even further. He hung onto her every word, enchanted by her expressive gestures and the light in her eyes.

Felix couldn't deny the growing attraction he felt for Haesoo. Her smile, her laughter, and the sparkle in her eyes were irresistible, pulling him into a world he hadn't anticipated. He admired the way her hair framed her face and the warmth that emanated from her when she spoke. She was captivating, and he found himself drawn to her in ways that went beyond friendship.

Haesoo concluded her story, looking at Felix with a grin. "Can you believe that guy? He's like a walking tornado."

Felix chuckled softly, his heart in turmoil. "Maybe he just wants to be friends with you."

Haesoo playfully nudged him, a hint of mischief in her eyes. "Come on, Felix. Don't tell me you're on Hyunjin's team. Oh, I forgot that you are his best friend."

Felix laughed, shaking his head. "Hey, I didn't say that. I know Hyunjin well. We've been best friends since we were kids. When he wanted to be friends with me, he did the same thing."

Haesoo raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Felix's insight into Hyunjin's tactics. "Really? So, what made you finally be friends with him?"

Felix grinned, reminiscing about their childhood. "Well, despite his relentless teasing and pranks, there was something about Hyunjin that made it impossible not to like him. He's loyal, fun, and surprisingly caring when you get to know him."

"Well... he got you by annoying you because you are sweet. But I'm not, so I don't think he can get me that easily," Haesoo crossed her arms. Felix chuckled. Haesoo gave him a side-eye.

"What? Do you think I'm easy to get?" Haesoo asked.

Felix chuckled, enjoying the playful banter between them. He looked at Haesoo with a teasing glint in his eyes. "Well, Haesoo, I think you're one of a kind. You don't fall for tricks easily, that's for sure."

Felix smiled softly at Haesoo's triumphant smirk and the playful thumbs-up she offered in response to his comment.

"By the way, are you ready for the test?" Felix asked, steering their conversation to a more serious topic.

Haesoo's expression shifted from playful to slightly concerned. "Test? What test are you talking about?"

"Mr. Kim mentioned it yesterday," Felix turned his head toward Haesoo.

"Oh, you didn't pay attention, did you?" Felix asked after seeing the confusion on Haesoo's face. Haesoo slowly shook her head. Felix sighed in mock exasperation, his tone teasing. "Haesoo, you really need to pay more attention in class. Mr. Kim announced the physics test for next week yesterday."

Haesoo's eyes widened in realization, a touch of anxiety creeping into her expression. "Oh no, not physics. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to it. Physics is not my strong suit."

Felix chuckled, a warm smile on his face. "Well, if you need any help, I'm here. Physics happens to be one of my favorite subjects."

Haesoo raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in her eyes. "Really? A Physics buff, huh? I might just take you up on that offer."