Chapter 13

Days turned into weeks, and Felix's absence from school continued to weigh heavily on Haesoo's heart. She had reached out to him with a heartfelt message, hoping to mend their friendship and ease the pain he might be feeling after her rejection. But there was no response, and the silence was deafening.

Haesoo couldn't escape the guilt that gnawed at her. She cherished the bond she shared with Felix, and the thought of hurting him was a constant ache in her chest. She knew that her feelings for Hyunjin were genuine, but she couldn't shake the feeling of responsibility for Felix's pain.

Early in the morning, Haesoo made her way to the classroom, her steps slow and hesitant. The hallway leading to their classroom felt longer than usual, each echo of her footsteps a reminder of the impending conversation she needed to have with Felix.

The morning sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow on the lockers that lined the corridor. It should have been a day like any other, filled with laughter and camaraderie, but the absence of Felix cast a shadow over everything.

As she reached the classroom door, Haesoo paused, her hand trembling slightly as she grasped the handle. She took a deep breath, willing herself to find the courage to face the uncertainty that awaited her on the other side.

With a hesitant push, Haesoo entered the classroom, her heart pounding in her chest. Her eyes quickly scanned the room, and to her surprise, she saw someone sitting in Felix's seat. It took only a moment for her to recognize the familiar face.

It was Felix.

A mix of emotions washed over Haesoo. Relief, worry, and a glimmer of hope all swirled within her as she approached Felix. Felix was smiling at her brightly like nothing happened.

"Hey, Haesoo! Long time no see," Felix said as he stood up from his seat, a warm and genuine smile on his face.

Haesoo couldn't believe her eyes. Felix's unexpected smile and cheerful greeting caught her off guard. It was as if the weight that had been hanging between them for weeks had suddenly been lifted, and a rush of relief washed over her. Her eyes welled up with tears of happiness as she hurriedly wiped them away.

"Felix," she managed to say, her voice filled with both surprise and joy. "I... I missed you so much."

Felix stepped closer and enveloped her in a tight hug, his arms warm and comforting around her. Haesoo buried her face in his shoulder, feeling the familiar sense of home that came with his presence. It was a moment of pure reconciliation, and it meant the world to her.

"I missed you too, Haesoo," Felix whispered, his voice filled with emotion. He gently pulled back from the hug, his hands still resting on her shoulders. "Why don't we go outside and have a talk?"

Haesoo nodded, her eyes still shimmering with tears, but this time they were tears of joy and relief. She knew that they needed to have an honest conversation to address the feelings and questions that had lingered between them for weeks.

As they made their way out of the classroom and into the fresh air, the sun's warm rays embraced them, casting a golden hue over the school grounds. It was a beautiful day, and Haesoo couldn't help but feel that it was a sign of hope for their friendship.

They found a quiet spot beneath a tree, its branches providing a natural canopy of shade. Haesoo and Felix took a seat on the grass, facing each other, their expressions a mix of anticipation and vulnerability.

"Felix," Haesoo began, her voice steady but filled with sincerity, "I want to apologize for the way things unfolded. I never meant to hurt you, and I value our friendship deeply."