Chapter Six

It took Dylan a few minutes to realize Kennedy had left him alone. He looked at the stairs and understood she had disappeared to the second floor. He soon stood up from the stool and traveled toward the entrance area. Her words lingered in his mind as he picked up his bag from the floor.

It seemed more like he agreed with her when she said what happened in Japan meant nothing. Considering she was the one who suggested keeping everything a secret. And saying what happens in Japan, stays in Japan. What he actually felt was very different, it had always been that way. His mind naturally traveled back in time.

He picked up Kennedy at the airport she clearly visited to convince him to attend Martin's wedding, Dylan didn't care what the visit reason was, he just wanted to meet with her since it had been a while since he saw her.

Later that evening they dined at Dylan's favorite restaurant and afterward caught up with Kai and a few other friends in the club. The night seemed fun and Dylan wanted to show off his current life, he always felt worthless compared to his friends, but he turned his life around and felt proud of the success he had.

They both felt exhausted and returned back to Dylan's apartment, he prepared the guest room for Kennedy and after short goodnights, they each went separate ways. But Dylan had trouble falling asleep, he tossed and turned for a while and soon found himself in front of the guest room door. A big part of him hoped Kennedy was sleeping therefore his knock on the door seemed relatively silent.

"Come in," she said in a drowsy tone.

"I thought you are sleeping," Dylan said soon after opening the door.

"So why did you come?" she asked, lifting her eyebrow and holding a small smirk on her plump lips.

He didn't have an answer, the view of her caught him off guard. Kenney wore a blue silky robe, her tanned skin glowed in dim street light pouring through the unsealed window. She soon sat on the bed, brushing her long blond hair, she looked at Dylan seemingly waiting for an answer.

"I can't sleep," he finally replied.

"Me neither," she clarified, putting the hairbrush on a nightstand. "Come, sit down." Kennedy patted the bed.

"You said you are tired." Dylan stepped into the room, soon sitting at the end of the bed.

"I am but I can't sleep, timezones killing me," she explained, settling at the top of the bed. Dylan nodded in agreement. "And why are you not sleeping?"

"I have a bit of insomnia this week," he said, glancing at her through his shoulder.

"Oh shit," Kennedy put her palm on her mouth. She quickly moved closer to Dylan. "I completely forgot, it's your aunt's death anniversary." She crawled closer, hugging Dylan from the back.

"Yeah," he agreed, feeling her warm body pressing to his spine. Her hands hung on his shoulders and he took her forearm, caressing it lightly. "This time of year is always weird for me, I usually have nightmares for a few nights and then insomnia kicks in." Kennedy leaned closer to him, her loose hair gently brushing on Dylan's bare biceps.

"About what are your nightmares?" she whispered to his ear, her hot breath forcing Dylan to shiver.

"The past, my uncle," he said, turning to look at her. Kenney let go of him, just enough for him to face her, she still held him in her embrace.

He returned the hug, placing his chin on her shoulder and his hands on her shoulder blades. Kennedy caressed his neck and part of his hair as they stayed silent for a few moments.

Dylan's heartbeats increased and he slightly withdrew from her, just enough to glare into her eyes, they stared at each other for a few seconds. But Dylan soon placed his palm on her cheek, he felt her breathing increase, and still looking into her eyes he leaned in and kissed her.