Part 3 - Words of Love (rewrite)

George and I awoke the next morning to the sun glaring through the window.  We were tangled together, enveloped in a lover's afterglow. I opened my eyes and smiled,  seeing and feeling George's arms wrapped tightly around me.  I nuzzled closer into his chest, causing him to stir.
        "Good morning, Lovey," he said with a smile, kissing me softly. "How're ya feeling?"
           "Content, happy," I said dreamily. "Thank you, Georgie. For everything."  I kissed him back and gave him a squeeze.
       "So. What do ya feel like doing today, then?" he asked.
       Before I could answer,  a quiet knocking came from the other side of my bedroom door.
      "Wils? Ye awake love?"
     "Oh shite George,  it's Winn! Under the blanket, quick!"  He scrambled under the blanket and back towards the wall behind me.
       "One mo' John, I'm not decent!" I hurriedly pulled on a pair of shorts and my tee, checked to make sure George was hidden, and went to the door.
       Pulling open the door,  I saw John in his pyjamas, hair mussed, and sleep still in his eyes.
        "Ready for our siblings' day out Wils? Hope ye haven't forgotten."
       "I'm sorry, Winn, I'm still knackered. Didn't sleep much, I'm afraid." At this, I thought I heard a stifled giggle from under the blanket.
      "Well, how's about a rain check then? Get some rest, and we'll see how you feel later, alright? I'm having a bath, and then I suppose I'll be out with Cyn. Will ye be alright alone? I can see if one of the lads can keep you company."  (Another chuckle came from under the blanket).
        I smiled weakly. "I'll be alright,  ta John. Now go wash yer smelly arse before ye make Cyn sick," I said with a smirk.
      "Yer lucky yer me sister Wils, otherwise we'd be having a barney. I love you, you great pain in the arse."
       "Love you too, you smelly git."  I shut the door quietly and jumped onto the bed, gently smacking the George-shaped lump.
       "So sorry about that, Georgie,"  I whispered.  "John's having a bath. You should head downstairs with Paul before he gets out. Don't want him catching you in here! I'll be down in just a bit and make brekkie for us."
          He climbed out from under the sheet, looking at me incredulously.
         "What?," I asked in surprise.
        "You and John: you're fuckin' weird,"  he said with a laugh.
         "How's that?"
         "You insult one another in the same breath you tell the other you love them. It's just silly."
       "You have siblings, George. Isn't it the same with you lot?"
        "With the taking the piss, yeah, all the time.  We're not really ones to express our love for each other, though. I mean, we do love each other,  but we don't necessarily express it all the time the way you and John do."
         "Well, I mean, if it weren't for Mimi, we'd only have one another.  Winn and I have always been best mates; as far back as I can remember.  He's always been me biggest supporter, bodyguard, and closest friend.  Honestly, Georgie, as crazy as he makes me sometimes, I don't know what I'd do without him."   I shuddered at the thought of losing him.
        "Jeannie?", he said quietly.  "Ya know ye have me too, right? I mean, if ye want me. This wasn't just a shag, y'know.  I meant what I said last night.  I really like you." He blushed, taking my hand in his.
         "Oh George, I really like you too. I don't think I've ever felt this way."
         "Would ya be mine then, Jean? Y'know, official- like?"
          "I'd like nothing more," I said sweetly,  as I kissed him. "Now hurry! Before John gets out the bath or Paul wakes up and notices you're gone!"  George pulled his hand away hesitantly, smiling as he got up off the bed. He pulled his clothes on and quietly padded down the stairs. I looked round the room for any traces of last night's rendezvous, although John didn't normally invade my private space. I don't know why I was so concerned about it.
         I rummaged through my clothes for a pair of jeans and jumper, quickly got dressed,  and ran a brush through my hair.
       Meanwhile,  George slunk to the loveseat where he was to have been the night prior, thinking Paul missed him sneaking back down the stairs. A "tsk tsk tsk" coming from the other side of the room proved him wrong.
       A bemused looking Paul rounded on George. "Where have you been then Haz?," a bewildered look on his face.
       "Uh, loo. I ate somethin' that didn't quite agree with me, is all."
         "Really? Must've been something bad. You've been in there since last night.  Matter of fact, right after Jeannie went up to bed. A little suspicious Geo," Paul said with a smirk.    
     "Well, I wanted to check on Jeannie after what happened, y'know. I wanted to make sure she was alright."
       "Well, that's fine, but where did ye kip? I know it wasn't in John's room, Cyn's still here. George, did ye bunk with Jeannie? And if ye did, were you on the floor,  or in her bed?" Paul questioned, eyes squinted.  Before George could work on an answer, they heard a screech coming from upstairs.
          "Christ Winn, what the bloody hell happened in here?! It smells like you slaughtered a cow!" I ran downstairs covering my mouth, sputtering and gagging, with John cackling behind me.