Part 15 - Wait

**    Author's Note: I am NOT a medical professional.  I try to do as much research as possible on the internet, but I can't always find all the information.  Keep in mind, it's a FANFIC, so not everything is exact. Also, more timeline alteration in the next couple chapters. ✌️.       **

       Thankfully,  I didn't really remember any of the rape, which made the healing process that much easier to handle. Louise came round after my initial observation to take me home. Naturally,  Mimi had a right fit when she found out I would be staying with the Harrisons, but it was either that or allow George to stay with me at our house, and she wasn't about to let THAT happen. After a bit of persuasion, she left off, and I could finally TRY to take it easy.
             Since George was still underage, he wouldn't be allowed back to play till he turned 18 in February, and this was November. We had at least two full months together before being pulled apart again, albeit briefly.  I had since gone back to work at a local music shop (which piqued the boys' interest), but in my free time, I would paint or sketch while George would play guitar. Weeks had passed, and I thought that I was in the clear, as the hospital hadn't called me yet. I was working on a piece I had started in collaboration with Stu, that George was very impressed with.  I planned to head to the shops for more supplies when Louise stopped me at the top of the stairs: the hospital was on the telephone..
           "Miss Lennon, it's imperative that you come down here immediately.  Time is of the greatest importance."
           "What is it?  Oh God, I'm fuckin' pregnant,  aren't I?!"
           "Strictly speaking,  we cannot release information over the telephone.  And as you're under the age of 18, you will need a guardian to accompany you."
            "My auntie is my guardian, but there's no bleedin' way she'll agree to come down there with me."
            "Miss Lennon,  may I suggest that you discuss this with her. Your health depends on it."
      "Alright. Do I need an appointment?" I fiddled with the phone cord, heart in my throat,  worried about the implications.
       "No. Just get here as soon as possible,  with your guardian."    The line clicked on the other end, but still, I held the receiver in my hand.
         "Jean? Jeannie, love, are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Louise looked at me with concern,  Georgie stood next to her, looking just as worried.
         "That uh, that was the hospital.  I'm supposed to go there promptly, with Mimi. They didn't say why,  but it's urgent. Said my health depends on it."  I stood silent for a moment, expressionless, nerves frayed. I could be carrying a pervert's child at the age of 17, and that was the BEST case scenario.  What if I had a horrible disease? What if I was dying? Why was my health in crisis?!  Crushed under the weight of the situation,  I broke down. I was terrified of the unknown and still had to face Mimi. I felt arms around me, as both Louise and George embraced me.
          "If you like, dear," Louise said gently, I could go with you to gather your aunt. You shouldn't be alone." I nodded, hugging her back.

         "Thank you, Mrs. Harrison, for everything.  You've been far too kind."
           "You call me Louise dearest, and it's no trouble at all.  George isn't the only one here who loves you, you know. We've grown quite fond of you."

         George held my hand in the back of the car as we headed towards Woolton, knowing I was terrified of facing Mimi. I leaned my head on his shoulder, wishing I had never taken that bloody job in the first place.  Mimi had warned me against taking a job by the docks. She would CERTAINLY throw that in my face, with an 'I told you so', thrown in for good measure.

         She was seated at the dining table when I came inside,  lips already pursed, looking like she had just eaten a lemon. Of course, that was her usual expression.

       "Jean Wilhelmina?"
      God, I was in for it. Just like other 'children', my middle name was only used when I was in deep shite.
        "Mimi?"