Chapter 8 - Confrontation

I woke to Bakugo rubbing my back. I groggily opened my eyes and yawned.

"Morning shitty hair." he said. I looked over at him. He looked like he'd been crying and didn't sleep.

"You okay Bakubro?" I asked him. Bakugo looked away angrily and pushed me off of him. I fell back and he stood up. Dusting off invisible dirt. 

"What's wrong?" I asked him, standing up slowly. He crossed his arms across his chest.

"How are you so fucking stupid?" he uncrossed his arms.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"How are you so FUCKING STUPID?" he yelled at me. My heart sank.

"Bakugo I-"

"SHUT UP!" he yelled. I reached out to grab his arm and calm him down but he grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me towards him.

"How. The. Fuck. Are. You. So. Stupid?' he said, making every syllable sound like a threat. I flinched back.

"I'm not stupid." 

"Yes. You are."

"No, I'm not!" I shoved him away from me and stood angrily on the other side of the elevator, taking deep breaths to calm myself down.

"If you weren't so stupid, how did you not notice that I fucking liked you?" he whispered. I froze.

He what?!

"You heard me." Bakugo looked away. I watched his eyes fill up with tears.

"Bakug-" Bakugo stalked over to me and grabbed my throat, cutting me off. I reached up and grabbed his arm, trying to get him to let go while I struggled to breathe.

"I liked you. And you kissed HER?" he whispered.

"Let go- I- explain-" Bakugo let go of me and I fell to my knees, gasping for air. 

"It was all part of some stupid plan to see if you liked me back. Mina was going to pretend that she liked me and that I liked her. If you got jealous, you liked me." I managed to choke out. Bakugo knelt down and put his hand on my shoulder. I flinched. His hand jumped away and he stood.

"Bakugo. What are you-"

"I liked you shitty hair. Now, I don't think I do." he said. Two explosions came from his hands and they shot him out of the hole in the roof. 

I stood and I called after him, but he didn't come back. My heart sank. I walked backwards until I hit the wall of the elevator. I slid down it. To my surprise, I didn't cry. An emptiness filled my heart. 

Well now you know.

Know what?

That he doesn't like you back. Now that you've told him, he probably hates you.

No! Bakugo is one of my best friends. He would never-

But he did. He left you here. 

~ TIME SKIP ~

~ Midoriya's perspective ~ 

Kacchan threw my door open.

"Oh, hey Kacchan." I said, trying not to make him mad. He was already pretty beat up.

"The elevator's broken. Shitty hair's in there. Go get him." he said. The elevator was broken? From what? I got up off my chair and walked to the elevator doors. Kacchan had clearly used an explosion to open the doors to floor two. I activated One For All and jumped from wall to wall. I hit my head on something and realized it was the elevator. I gripped on to the wall and noticed something. There was a crack in the wall, big enough for someone Kacchan's size to slip through. I wiggled up the crack until I was on top the elevator. I noticed a hole in the roof and I jumped right in.

Kirishima was sitting against the wall. His usually playful smile was gone and was replaced by an expressionless mask. His eyes were sunken and empty of all the emotion he usually showed. He was pretty beat up, but not as bad as Kacchan.

"Kirishima-kun?" I asked.

"Hi." he said quietly. I walked over to him and dragged him to his feet. He looked down at the ground. At least his hair was spiked up!

"Grab on to my shoulders. We'll jump up to the fourth floor." 

"Okay..." he replied. He gently grabbed my shoulders and I jumped out of the hole in the elevator roof. 

I only had to jump off of the walls twice before we reached the fourth floor. I jumped out of the already smashed doors and we landed gently on the ground. Kirishima muttered thanks to me and disappeared into his room. What was wrong with him?

~ Kirshima Perspective ~ 

It had already been nighttime when I got attacked. It was noon now. I heard an announcement.

"There was a villain attack last night. The elevator is broken. All students, use your quirks and the elevator shaft to get to your dorms." 

I heard Bakugo enter his room and slam the door. I also heard the thud of him playing darts. I sighed. Thank god that they had installed our own showers in our rooms for emergencies. I grabbed some new clothes, threw them on my bed, and headed to the shower.

I turned the water on and stripped off the remains of my clothes. I stepped into the warm water and I let it rinse the dry blood off my body and the gel out of my hair. I let the water run down my body for a few more minutes before I turned it off. 

I grabbed a towel and dried myself off before wrapping it around my waist and walking to my bed. I threw on the new clothes which happened to be a black shirt and grey sweatpants. I didn't even bother putting my hair up. I plopped myself onto my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. My face was clean, most cuts were already healed. The black shirt I was wearing covered my arms, so only my hands could be seen. 

I used my fingers to pull my mouth into a smile. I let go, and it sank to an expressionless face. What a hideous sight. I always knew I wasn't manly, or handsome. But I really noticed it now. I got the urge to do what Shinso did. But no one would be there to catch me and I wasn't ready to die. I sighed and the thudding of darts stopped. I heard Bakugo talk to someone but I couldn't make out who he was talking to.

I heard a gentle knock on my door. 

"Come in." I said. Uraraka opened my door. She walked into my room and closed it behind her. 

"So, uh. I heard that you were bi and knew how to deal with having a crush." she said, fiddling with her fingers. I moved over and patted the bed beside me so she didn't have to stand thre awkwardly. She walked over and sat down.

"I really like Tsu and Mina, but I'm not sure about telling Mina. I already told Tsu. she said she liked me back and would date me. But Mina kissed you and I heard her talking to Sero about how she liked you." she said. I froze. 

So all of Mina's plan was just so she could get to kiss me and have me kiss her back? That was selfish and cruel of her.

"Tell Mina you like her. Then, tell her I said I'm done with this stupid plan and that I don't like her back."