Chapter 9 - The Silence

Uraraka nodded and left. After she was gone, I closed and locked my door. We were supposed to have classes today but I didn't think we had to go because of our broken elevator. Two hours passed quickly as I just stared at the roof. Another announcement went off, it was Mr. Aizawa.

"The elevator has been fixed. 2A, return to class." 

I didn't move. There was no way I was going to class today for an hour before it was over. I laid down on my bed and fell asleep.

~ Bakugo's Perspective ~ 

As soon as I heard the announcement I threw on my uniform and walked out the door with my hands in my pockets. Dupli-arms, Round face, and Raccoon eyes all left their rooms too. I looked at Kirishima's door. No sign of him coming. I shrugged and stepped into the now fixed elevator. We rode it down in silence to the common area and I didn't even eat before heading to class. 

Dunce face, Tape arms, Raccoon eyes, and Energy freak somehow caught up to me. They all started this big conversation and began talking about random shit. I scoffed. We reached the school and we walked to class. I kicked the door open. 

Deku, four eyes, and Icyhot were there. I sat in my desk in front of Deku and put my feet up. I watched the door. Every single extra except shitty hair came in. When the bell rang and he still wasn't there, I put my feet down and paid attention to Aizawa. 

"Today we're doing some hero stuff. All Might will teach you. I'm going for a nap. Send Shinso if you need anyhting." he said sliding himself into a sleeping bag. I looked back and noticed that Hypno was back. He was still bandaged up, but he was back. Great. I watched Dunce face repeatedly look at him and smile. 

Tape arms raised his hand.

"Yes?" 

"Where's Kirishima?" he asked. Mr. Aizawa shrugged and flopped down on the floor. 

"I AM HERE!" All Might yelled. I sighed and grinned to myself. It was so weird that even though he was deflated he still liked to yell that.

"Follow me students." he said, giving us a thumbs up. Four eyes was first to follow him, and he was closely followed by Deku. The rest of the class followed, including myself. Pikachu put his hand on my shoulder.

"Bakubro, you okay?" he asked.

"OF COURSE I'M OKAY YOU IDIOT!" I yelled at him. I waited for Kirishima to pull my other arm and apologize to him for me, but he didn't.

"Tch." I continued walking. 

~ Kirishima Perspective ~

I woke to the sound of silence. I rolled over on my bed and checked the time. 2:30. I'd slept for only thirty minutes? I groaned and got up. I didn't bother doing my hair. I unlocked my door and looked around. No one was here? Good. I took the elevator down to the common area. I made myself some toast and ate it in silence. I checked the clock again. 

2:45. I still had fifteen minutes until everyone got back. I sighed. I washed the plate I used and put it away. Ten minutes. I took the elevator back up to the fourth floor. I stepped out of it and walked to my door. I paused with my hand on the handle. I looked over to Bakugo's room. I let go of my door handle and went to his room instead. I opened the door. 

His room was nice and modern. It was so organized and clean compared to every other dorm I'd seen. His bed was made and the corners were tucked in neatly. Not even a crease in it. I was shocked. I looked out his window. His view was practically the same as mine. We could see the school into the distance and the pavement that came up to the school- I froze.

Kami, Bakugo, Sero, Mina, and Izumi were all walking towards the dorms. I began to panic. They walked into the dorms. I ran to Bakugo's bed, grabbed his pillow and bolted out of his room. I closed his door behind me and threw open my door. I closed it behind me, breathing heavily. I leaned against my door, sliding down it until I was sitting on the floor. I heard voices in the hall and I quickly reached up and  locked my door. I heard Bakugo enter his dorm and I held my breath hoping he wouldn't notice

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PILLOW?!" I flinched at the volume of his voice. I pulled his pillow into my face and wrapped my arms around it. It smelled like caramel and a spice I didn't recognize. I hugged the pillow even tighter. Even if he didn't love me, I wouldn't stop loving him. I heard a pounding on my door. 

"SHITTY HAIR! OPEN UP!" Bakugo's voice yelled. I looked up at my door handle. It was rattling, but I'd locked it. Thank god.

The pounding stopped and my door handle stopped rattling. I heard Bakugo slam his door and I sighed in relief. I'd succeeded in plan; Take Bakugo's Pillow. I smiled a little to myself and I stood up. I walked with the pillow to my bed. I snuggled it up to my face and smiled again. I closed my eyes. I heard someone pick my lock, but I just pretended that I was sleeping. I heard my door opnen.

"Awww! Look Bakubro!" Kami's voice said. I heard two more "aww" sounds from Izumi and Mina. I heard the footsteps of the squad approaching me. I stopped smiling and hugged the pillow tighter as if I was having a nightmare. I felt someone tug at the pillow and I loosened my grip on it for them. I cracked my eyes open the slightest bit so I could see, but they couldn't tell I was awake. 

Bakugo had knelt in front of me and was searching my face. He took the pillow from me, and I made a sad groan. 

"Awww! Bakugo he likes your smell!" Sero whispered, "Why don't you cuddle him?" 

Bakugo turned a light shade of pink and made his usual "tch" sound. I frowned in my "sleep". Bakugo sat down on the ground and he placed his hand in front of my face. I shifted in my fake sleep and grabbed his hand. Pulling it to my nose. I closed my eyes. His scent was so much stronger. I heard Kami shoo away the bakusquad. I smiled again, and fell asleep again.

"Sweet dreams, shitty hair." I heard him whisper.