Chapter 11 - Despair

I woke to the smell of cinnamon. I realized I was spooning shitty hair. I immediately got up. I used a random piece of paper from on his desk to write him a note.

Shitty hair, I got up early. Are WE official? Come find me later and we'll talk about it.

I placed the note on his desk so he would see it as soon as he woke up. I walked to his door and closed it gently on my way out.

~ TIME SKIP ~

~ Kirishima's perspective ~

I woke up slowly and saw a note. It was clearly from Bakugo. I smiled as I read it. Of course we were official! I began to get up when something grabbed my shoulders and forced me to the ground. I tried to get up. My hands were pinned above my head and I felt quirk cancelling cuffs again. I groaned. When quirk cancelling cuffs were put on, it usually made the person sleepy for a little bit before they got used to not having a quirk. 

I was dragged to my feet and a rough hand clasped over my mouth. I tried yelling, but they just gripped my face harder. It was no use. I tried kicking them to get away but they picked me up and put me over their shoulder. They let go of my face and I gasped for air. Multiple layers of duct tape was placed on my mouth. I blinked but when I tried to open my eyes, I couldn't. I couldn't move either. 

Damn it. It was that same guy from before! I was carried through what felt like immense wind. My captors didn't say a word until I felt the jolt of their feet hitting pavement. I felt my captor walking and I tried to move again. No luck. 

"Well that was easy. Nice work Ashi." a voice said. I quickly recognized it as Dabi. Another voice reached my ears.

"It was easy. I could have done it while he was sleeping, but he was sleeping with that explosion bastard." it said. I assumed this was Ashi. That name would've given me goosebumps if I was able to have them. The name Ashi meant evil. 

I felt the coolness of AC wash over my body. If I could, I would have shivered.

"You got him?" a different voice asked. Shigaraki. 

"Easy." Dabi said. I felt a single finger lift up my chin. 

"Satsujin, do what you need." Shigaraki said, letting go of my chin. My head fell back down to hang where it was before. I felt my hair tickle my face. I hadn't had time to do it up. The second name scared me even more. Satsujin meant murder.

"I know you can hear me kid." an entirely new voice said. It was deep and chilling. 

"Ashi. Let him see me." the voice said. I felt the numbness and everything go away. I snapped my head up to look at the man in front of me. He wore a white collared shirt with the first and second buttons undone. He wore black dress pants with black and white converse. His hair was dark brown and reached just past his ears. It was messy as if he hadn't brushed it in forever. His eyes were black with white irises and black pupils. His mouth was smiling, showing teeth similar to Toga's. I tried to scream, forgetting my mouth was taped. 

His head snapped back and he laughed at my fear. He then looked back at me. We made eye contact. 

It was as if the whole world disappeared. I was plunged into darkness. In this darkness, I wasn't tied. I stretched my hands out. Looking for anything to grasp onto. Nothing. I saw his eyes looking at me. He came at me and tackled me to the ground.

"This shouldn't hurt." he said. He put his hands on either side of my face and I felt something leave my body. I looked up at him. He held a red sphere in his hands. He grinned and I fell back into the real world. 

My whole body slumped in exhaustion.

"There. Now, we go kill him."

~ Bakugo's perspective ~

At around noon, shitty hair still hadn't come down to the common area. I took the elevator up to the fourth floor again. Grumbling about how he should be awake. I kicked his door open. Shitty hair wasn't there. I looked all over the dorms for him. Still no sign. I went back to the common area. Aizawa was there.

"-stay here. The pros will handle the situation." he was saying. I walked over to Dunce face. He had his face buried into Hypno's chest. 

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked him. Dunce face looked at me. Tears in his eyes. He began to say something before changing his mind. He pointed to the TV. 

On the TV, Dabi stood on a pile of debris. There were multiple pro heroes yelling stuff that I couldn't hear. The camera zoomed in on Dabi. He was holding shitty hair by the neck. A knife to his throat. Dabi was grinning ear to ear. Shitty hair was struggling and kicking. Dabi drew blood to his neck. 

"BRING ME KATSUKI BAKUGO. THEN I'LL GIVE HIM BACK." Dabi shouted to the pros. Shitty ahir looked directly at the camera. He shook his head.

"STAY THERE KATSUKI!" he yelled. Grabbing Dabi's arm and trying to free himself. 

"EJIRO!" I yelled. I ran towards the door. A scarf wrapped around my waist. It lifted me off the ground. I looked back at the TV. I watched everything as if it were in slow motion. 

Dabi plunged the knife into Kirishima's neck. Kirishima stopped struggling. His body went entirely limp and his eyes went blank. Dabi grinned as he dropped Kirishima's dead body and vanished into a blue flame. 

I screamed. I heard other screams from around the room. Aizawa released me and I dropped to the ground. I took deep shaky breaths. My back heaving. I felt several pairs of arms wrap around me.

"H-he's gone." Kami whispered. I recognized his voice as one of the people who were hugging me.

"Kirishima..." I said, "Is dead."