ハナハキ はなはき 花吐き

(A/N: idk here's a Hanahaki AU)

Nico POV

I was in the strawberry fields with Will and we where eating strawberries. Will fed me a strawberry and I started coughing. I got the strawberry out of my throat and spat it out. But it was a flower petal.

I woke up in a cold sweat a small pile of yellow flower petals covered in blood in front of me.

I scooped up the petals and rushed to the Demeter cabin. Lilly was there growing pink flowers with Mary Ann. When she saw the petals in my hands she asked Mary Ann to leave and took the petals from me.

"You coughed up these right?" She asked but she said it as more of a statement and like ether way I answered would be the wrong answer.

"Maybe?" I wasn't going to tell her about the dream it would be weird I didn't even like Will as more than a friend.

"I need you to tell me everything. Where you awake or asleep."

"Asleep I guess. I woke up and the petals where just there."

"Your dream what was it like?"

I felt my face grow warm. "What dream?"

"You had a dream before you woke up with the petals. What was it like?"

"I- I would rather not tell you."

"Nico you have to tell me. Your life could be in danger."

I thought about it. On one hand it might be nice to embrace death. On the other hand there's Hazel and Reyna and all my other friends. I also could feel that it wasn't my time to go yet. But it was like my fate was in someone else's hands like they would decide if I would live or die.

I took a deep breath in and told her about the dream.

"I need you to not kill me for what I'm about to say." She said and she looked nervous.

"I'll try to not kill you. But it depends on what you're going to say." I replied

"You have contracted はなはき"

"Yes I know I'm throwing up flowers but why?"

"You have unrequited love you'll cough up flowers until one of three things happens. You get surgery to get the flowers removed but you will never be able to feel love or affection to anyone ever again."

"What are the other options?"

"If you'd let me finish you'd know"

"Continue then."

"The other person could love you back..."

"Or? You said there where three solutions"

"You could let the flowers consume you and suffocate"

"Oh"

"I hope you choose what's right"

"What do you mean?"

"There's only one right choice and it's different for each person"

~~here time skip a few weeks. Nico realizes he does love Will.~~

Will POV

Everyone knew that Nico had hanahaki. He was close to death and I wish I could help him. But he won't accept surgery. He said he wants to keep feeling love for Hazel Reyna and Jason. He's too scared to confess to whoever it is and he doesn't want them to think it's their fault he died.

I know it's selfish but a small part of me hopes that the flowers are for me. I've been in love with the son of Hades since the three days he spent in the infirmary with me. But I know it probably couldn't be me the flowers are for unrequited love. One sided love.