Untitled Part 19

Day 89

Nico counted the days. Every single one. Wishing that he didn't have to do this.

But he had to.

No trial date yet. In fact he hadn't heard any new news about Jason Bell's murder and Max's trial.

Day thirty three was when the news was out about Jason Bell being the DT killer.

"Isn't that the guy from your town?" Someone had asked her in the common room of their dorms.

No one talked to him. He kept him self to himself. He told himself that. But he knew he was trying to protect everyone around him. Trying not to form bonds he would need to break later.

Zoë hadn't survived her dad but Nico had. Zoë and Bianca could come with him everywhere.

He would protect them.

Nico's phone buzzed in his pocket.

It was Hazel. He ignored the call.

He knew Hazel was worried.

He knew Will would help though.

It hurt him. It hurt him so much. Like a knife was thrust through his heart.

But he had to do this.

It wasn't Max's trial he was waiting for.

It was his.

He still spoke to Will every day.

Not the real one. The fake one in his head.

How did he say 'sunshine' again?

Did his voice rise or drop?

He had to remember.

He had to hold onto him.

Nico was breaking again.

He was cutting again.

But this time there was no Will.

This time no one was here to help.

Nico had to push through it.

He had to survive.

He had to get through it.

If he did then maybe just maybe Will would be on the other side waiting for him.

1 year 7 months and 28 days later. Day 694.

-1 new message from Don't Talk To Him Nico-

Hi sunshine! Max is guilty! Do you remember me?

(A/N: Omgs I just finished As Good As Dead and I literally couldn't NOT write this. Also sorry for not updating the past 2? Weeks I've had school work and I've been a bit uninspired.)