🍃Rewind🍃

--Zelda's POV--

As Link and I wandered around Zon'Hirith, I eyed the Zonai villagers. I've never seen a Zonai before, since I'm not allowed to go anywhere without the royal permission of my father. Their appearance is very... curious to me. I pulled out my diary and started scribbling.

"Long ears, white hair, gray-ish fur, third eye..."

I was snapped out of my thoughts by our horse abruptly stopping. Link turned to me, practically telling me "we're here".

I think I've not mentioned this yet, but we're in the need of a 5th champion. Purah informed us that a 5th Divine Beast had awoken nearby Zon'Hirith, more specifically, the ruins. Just a few days ago, Link and I went to see the Beast, whose name is 'Vah-Windre". It's appearance resembles a massive dragon, who is usually found on the ground of the ruins, but sometimes soars above in the sky. I had originally thought for Link to pilot this Divine Beast, but it turns out Vah-Windre isn't too fond of him.

My father suggested for us to ask the leader of Zon'Hirith, (F/N), to become Vah-Windre's 'driver'. I've heard from multiple sources that chief (F/N) and his family are part of the family trees thanks to the first ruler of Hyrule, King Rauru. This just makes it even weirder that I've not heard a thing about this town from my father until now.

And so we get back to the present.

After I put away my diary into my bag, Link helped me down from Epona. We stood in front of the tall, tower-like building.

As we entered the room, I spotted an old Zonai man, sitting on a pillow in the middle of the room.

(A/N: Just imagine the position Impa sits in.)

This must be the chief of this town...

"Hello, young ones..."

The chief of Zon'Hirith, who sat in front of the princess, rasped kindly. His ears lay on his back, and his eyes barely open.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Actually, there is, sir. My name is Zelda, Princess of Hyrule. And this is my personal knight, Link."

Link gave a little wave.

"We were wondering if you've-"

"Ah! Princess, I've been waiting for you..."

That... was a little rude. But whatever.

"I got a letter from your father..." He said, followed by a rough coughing fit.

"I'm afraid I'm not able to help you with the divine Beast."

Well, that's bad news.

"But- But we need someone to pilot the divine beast! We need a new champion, sir!"

In distress, Link tried to calm me down. Which actually worked.

"Well... there might just be someone, Ms Zelda..."

"Really?!"

"And that person... is my dear (Y/N). My descendant."

"(Y/N)... It doesn't ring a bell. Could you tell us where we can find this '(Y/N)'?"