🍃Ending: Spirits🍃

(TW: A bit of descriptive violence)

-(Y/N)'s POV-

My whole body was in pain. A stabbing pain. I looked down, holding onto life just for a few seconds, and what I saw was haunting. A massive sword went through my whole torso, my blood splattered on the floor and coming out of my mouth.

I lost...

And in a flash, the pain was over. Everything went black... until the sunlight flashed right over me. Somehow, I was standing atop of Vah-Windre again, and the beast was gone. The main control panel was still covered in that goo, but no monster is to be seen.

"What...? How?" I looked around, trying to get my mind together. I looked down at myself, expecting to see a big scar, but I found nothing. Weird...

That wasn't it either. I felt light as a feather, like I could float easily. Windre was somehow still up in the sky, swimming in the clouds. And weirdest of all, my skin was semi-transparent.

"I'm... I'm not dead?" I remember my father telling me stories of how when someone died in a sacred place, their soul was doomed to linger in that place until someone came to free them. This can't be it, right? I can't be dead... Can I?

I turned over to where I remember being... y'know, and sure as hell there was a pool of blood.

I died. I failed my only mission. I'm a spirit...

"I'll never see him again, will I?" I felt tears form in my eyes, just thinking of never seeing my lovebird again... not even my friends.

I curled down into a ball, and just let it all out. I couldn't hold it in, I just needed to cry...

It had been years. 100 years. I didn't realize how long it had been though, I cried for all that time... but something managed to break me out of it. A figure that soared high in the sky. From what I could tell, it seemed to be a Zonai riding some sort of flying vehicle, along with a familiar Hylian... Link had survived all this time. Somehow...

They flew closer and closer to Windre. Eventually, they landed on the entrance of the divine beast, to which I followed them. Usually, spirits are visible to the normal eye, so I tried to get their attention.

"Hey! Over here!" I yelled, but they didn't seem to notice me. Maybe it had to do with the goo on the main controls somehow?

"Alright, it's up to you now Hylian." The young Zonai said and dropped back down to the surface. I looked as Link scanned the Sheikah Slate on the access panel. After a few seconds, I decided to try again.

"Link?" I said, walking closer to him. It seems like he could hear me, but not see me, since he looked frantically around for the source of my voice.

"Link, it's me! (Y/N)! I need your help... we need to finish what we started." I didn't really know what to say, so I just kinda improvised something "inspiring" I guess. "I may have lost my battle, but you haven't lost yours. You need to access the main control panel, but to do that, you'll have to activate all five stations in Windre." I felt like I wanted to say so much more, but we needed to focus. "Use Windre's ability to fill some parts of itself with water to lower into the river, or... well, the clouds in this case, to get to all stations. Please, hurry!"

Seemed like he understood perfectly, though his methods were... let's just say, unorthodox. He used bombs to blow himself over to all the checkpoints... somehow. It was weird, but it got the job done quickly.

"That was quick... but nevertheless, you'll have to get to the main panel on top of Windre's shell. Be careful though, whatever's in it got the best of me..." I sighed as I watched him, yet again, use bombs as a method of travel. "How the fuck does he do that?"