Night Falls

"Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change."

.

.

.

.

.

Author's Pov 

"Finding this, Ahana ~" a mocking voice came as she swiftly turned around to see Kai standing while leaning on a tree with one of his cocky smirks, the moon rays falling on his face illuminating his features.

Her eyes met with his and they widened with surprise.

 How did he know her real name? And what was he doing here? Her thoughts trailed off as her vision shifted to the necklace Kai was holding. 

Her fists clenched as she looked toward the pendant that was shining in the partial moonlight, but it was in his hands, and his face held an annoying smirk.

 It seemed like she had a more important matter to deal with first.

"Give it back, now," Ahana commanded, her voice firm and assertive.

"I wonder why I should," Kai responded, amused by her behavior.

Without hesitation, Ahana stepped forward until she was standing in front of him. "Clearly, it's not yours to have. Return it to me now."

"You're here in the rain, in the middle of the night, just to find it. What is so special about this necklace?" Kai asked as he continued to eye the pendant.

--Flashback--

"It's beautiful" a little girl barely seven-year-old says as she spins around and hugs a woman with obsidian hairs. 

"Now we three have the same gem." the lady say kissing her forehead. 

--Flashback end--

"That's none of your business, just give it back." Ahana said clenching her teeth. 

"What if I do not?" he said holding the pendent away from her reach. 

"I will say this for the first and the last time Kai, don't. mess. with. me." she replied, her ocean eyes looking into his carmine ones, before in a swift motion she hold his forearm bringing his hand down and snatching away the pendent.

Giving him one last glare, she turns around to go from there, but her steps froze midway as she feels the world around her spinning making her lose her footing, as gravity pull her body downward.

But before her body can make impact with the ground, she felt a strong arm wrapping around her waist as she was pulled back, her back surrounded by warmth.

Kai looked sideways, away from her, some of her obsidian falling on his shoulder. He could feel that she is not unconsciousness but not in her completely consciousness too, probably feeling dizziness. 

The soft pitter-patter of rain continues drizzling over both of them, while the scent of Petrichor get mix in air creating a peaceful and serene environment.

Ahana vision clear slowly form the blur world as she grasps the threads of her consciousness again.

"I told you, you idiot. That your body can't control the changing process now." the first voice she heard was laced with concern as her little phoenix friend float beside her. "Thanks to this fire-wielder you do not collapse in ground." 

The first did not bother her much as the last one did, her just cleared consciousness now felt the warmth of other person as she take some steps forward away from his grasp her eyes wide. 

After knowing she was fine, he also stuffs his hands in his pockets, while his teeth clenched wondering-why did he sub-consciously helped her?

Exhaling a breath, she bites her tongue a little embarrassed, "Thank you." she mutter grateful that she was not at least facing him. 

An uncomfortable silence falls upon them both of them staring away from each other, before Ahana look at the dark sky from which raindrops were falling, closing her eyes for a moment to enjoy the feeling she open them again. 

"I am going back." she announced, not waiting for a reply, she walks away from the place, her mind still remembering what happen just a few moments ago.

She was vulnerable-one thing she don't want to show anyone.

Closing her eyes she sighed, what she hates the most was how comfortable that warmth was. No, it's wrong my mind just wants to show trust here too, but then why-

No, Ahana! Clear your mind, you cannot show weakness in front of him. He is a hiwatari!

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˜"*°•.·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˜"*°•.·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˜"*°

I know, I know it is short, but it's good, ok? you have to agree!

My writing style has changed now...

Anyway, I am back baby ;)

So, get ready for regular updates from now on.

Now, be a sweetheart everyone and take this to '10' votes, pretty please 🥺

Until Next time :D 

-Mia