Memories revived

"You can cry a hundred times, but it would not erase those memories." 

.

.

.

.

.

 Ahana Pov 

The last few days were hectic like HECTIC, although there was no match of ours but the tension between White Tigers and Blade breakers was obvious. The training was rigorous. And... the tension between me and Kai is increased now added with awkwardness too.

 Good thing, Ray got drigger back, now Drigger is with his right owner.

The bad thing, we are stuck in a traffic jam when we should already be at stadium all thanks to Tyson laziness.

"Oh, this is just great, there is no way we are gonna get to the tournament now!" Tyson exclaimed trying to climb up on the bus top where Ray was standing.

"We could be stuck here for days," Ray remarked with worry lacing his voice.

"So now what are we supposed to do? Sit here and wait! Man, we are gonna lose, I can't take this, and all because I slept in."

At least he has some self-awareness.

"Didn't I tell you to stop your belly aching?"

"What then?"

"We run."

"Are you nuts? We will never make it in time."

"Hmm if you have got a better idea, I will love to hear it but for now, we run." Ray looked at the mountain assessing the path, and for now I also don't see any better idea than that.

"With no questions asked," I said before Tyson could interrupt, we have less time more work, "Lead the way, Ray."

"Okay let's go, it should not take us too long. It's about ten kilometers." Ray said making Tyson pale. 

"There was no need for you to tell him that." I remark with a sigh.

━─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─━

Climbing a mountain is easily said than done.... literally, good thing, I have some experience.
 On the other hand, last time I did so was one year ago, but ok it's not that bad.

"Are you okay, Tyson?" Ray asked glancing at Tyson.

"Yeah, just keep going." He said breathing heavily from all the mountain climbing. 

"Give your hand." Forwarding my hand, I pull him up a bit, if we want to reach there, we don't really have much time.

The tournament had already probably started, with Max going first, Kai had made it clear that he will be the 'last dumpling' in the box, although I believe that he will go if we don't reach in time, but the thoughts in his mind, is only known by him so we can't be sure. 

More or less, we should hurry to reach there. 

"Oh no!" Tyson sharp voice pull me out of my thoughts only to see a boulder rolling down toward us.

In an instinct I push Tyson away as he slides down before moving away from the boulder, "Damn it." taking the support of nearby rocks I balance myself, my ankle throbbing with pain. 

Just great!

"Ahana!" Ray worried voice echo in the mountain as he leans down near me, gently touching my ankle assessing the injury and somehow, I don't feel uncomfortable with him being nearby. A weird thing but I am not complaining. 

"It's not that of a big deal, I have suffered through much worse. You both should keep moving forward... I will catch up later."

"I would like to know that 'much worse' but I have a feeling you won't tell," he commented and before I could protest, strong arms enveloped me, lifting me off the ground. 

I clung to his shoulders, half in shock, half in awe. The world tilted, and suddenly, I was weightless, suspended between embarrassment and gratitude.

"Put me down Ray, you will strain your arms!" I protested but thanks to my twisted ankle my movements are limited, so pushing him away is definitely not an option. 

"Strain? You are as light as a feather and carrying you will definitely not strain me." he say, stepping forward in the uneven, rocky path. 

"Idiot." I whispered underneath my breath but restrain from any other struggle or protest.

One reason might be, because he is so much like Mihir both in personality and by heart... that might be the only reason why his presence doesn't heighten my senses and tense my body, just like Mihir's presence does not.

"Hey wait you both!" Tyson yell from behind before he catches up, his eyes were filled with guilt? I guess, but he does not apologize. 

Boys' ego. Well can't blame him when we have the epitome of egoistic person as our team's captain. 

And thankfully, he does not notice Ray saying my real name or if he did, he did not mention it, I will prefer the first option. My life doesn't need more drama this early. 

━─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─━

Long short story, Kai did fight in the second match and win easily just as expected. He almost forfeited the third match which in my opinion was not that bad of an idea, but we reached on time. Tyson fought Flippy or lippy or whoever he was and bring another victory to us.

With a score of 3-0 we are now up for finals. 

A small content smile rest on my face as I saw Tyson, Kenny and Max jumping in excitement while Ray sits beside me and Kai just sit with his usual stoic face-a normal sight now.

"You are smiling." Beira commented with a smile making me shake my head.

"So, you don't want me to?"

"No, ... it just has been years since you last smile for people you don't even consider as friends." 

I ignored her words, thinking about them will only make me dwell in my wounds I have long sealed away, that I absolutely don't want to. 

Within the celebration and congratulations, I felt a gaze on me, not the typical 'fan' gaze but something that make an unsettling feeling in my stomach... like something is wrong.

My eyes searched the crowd before settling on the VIP lounge from where our match can be seen only to be greeted by the familiar grey eyes.

I divert my eyes as soon as they met with his, my body tensing up, all while Beira worried gaze settle on me.

I did not expect to see that pathetic old man here.

·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˜"*°•.·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˜"*°•.·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙˜"*°

Please vote and comment! ❤️

Until Next time :D

-Mia