Coming Soon

But Katie, didn't you already write "The Boss?"

I sure did! Back when I was in high school, from 2011 to 2013, I wrote the beloved book "The Boss," which you can still find available to read on my profile. That book, finished over ten years ago, is still to this day my most popular story I've ever written. With over two million reads, I developed such a wonderful fan base of people who fell in love with Emerson and Lafayette.

I started college in 2013 and even though I was majoring in writing, finding time to write on Wattpad became difficult. I graduated in 2017 and began graduate school where I earned a Master's in Writing in 2020. Now, over ten years after I joined Wattpad, my craft has developed and still develops daily.

After all these years, though, I never forgot about Emerson or Lafayette. 

These two characters and their story became one of my favorites, to the point that I would think about different scenarios Emmy and Faye would get themselves into. I knew I always wanted to rewrite The Boss and give them a story they deserved, and the time has finally come.

So coming soon, you can now relive the experience - or experience for the first time - the story of Emerson and his boss, Lafayette!

So how will it be different?

The story will be different in a few ways. First of all, I changed his name to Lafayette Jett. Why you may ask? Well, way back in 2011, I chose the name Lafayette Jeff because I thought it sounded cool. It just so happens to be the shortened name for a high school in the city I went to college. Then in 2016, the musical Hamilton came out, and almost every comment on that book was about Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson. The high school is actually named for Lafayette and Jefferson, but I promise you the book was published on Wattpad before Lin Manuel Miranda finished the musical!

But most importantly, the story is different because I wanted to make it more realistic and better written. I have improved my craft of writing and sometimes cringe rereading my high school work. There were elements of the original story that weren't exactly realistic. Not only that, but as someone who works in the corporate world, talk about a lot of HR violations! 

Emerson and Lafayette are still who you know them as, but if anything, they are better. I hope you will relate to them more as you see them grow as characters. Through their past traumas, their mental health struggles, and navigating the world around them - I think many people can relate to this beloved duo even more.

So, stay tuned for more! 

Two chapters will be posted weekly on Mondays. You will get one chapter from Emerson's perspective and one chapter from Lafayette's perspective. 

I will let you know when you can expect the first chapters!

Thank you all for your continued support!

-

Updates

If you want to know the updates before I publish them here on Wattpad, you can follow me on my Instagram! My username is katieshakespeare_ and I will let you know about the latest updates and happenings with this story!

-

Support

If you are looking forward to this book, and enjoy my other works, you can "buy me a coffee" at my Ko-fi shop to show support! To those that do show support, you will have access to an email newsletter with exclusive content about this book! So if you want to read a sneak peek, then feel free to buy me a coffee by clicking the external link to visit my Ko-fi shop :)