Chapter 36 - Lafayette

Creating a kissing pact was not something I had planned on with Emerson. I was easily convinced. The goal was to not kiss him - to avoid kissing him. Tuesday I tried to keep busy and distract myself from wanting to kiss him. Even when he hopped onto my desk to sit next me, he did not make any advances. It made the desire more painful. On Wednesday, we were allowed to kiss, but I wanted to restrain myself.

I made it through the majority of the day successfully. But it was a little after four, when Em placed himself on the edge of my desk, like usual. The sun was setting, illuminating him. It was when he smiled at me. There was a look in his eyes. I was talking. I met his eyes. I got tongue-tied, and then I was tying tongues with him.

I stood up, pulling him to me, holding him tightly in my arms. Kissing him was wonderful, but also dreadfully terrible because I wanted all of him. His inner thighs hugged my hips after I pushed him farther onto the desk. What was it about kissing him that was drastically better than kissing anyone else? It wasn't just my feelings. It was something to do with the way he'd grab onto me, how he'd gently nuzzle his face against mine in between kisses. He was a comfort. He was tender. He felt, almost, loving. Oh, how I wanted to make love to him, especially when he would quietly whisper a moan as I'd kiss his neck.

On Thursday, Em and I stayed the night in the flat because we stayed up watching Bridgerton because Em had always wanted to watch it. He changed into a pair of shorts he had left here one time and then one of my t-shirts, lampshading his shorts. His legs went on for miles. They were so smooth and glossy. We brushed our teeth and slipped into bed. After the lights were off, Em leaned over and kissed me.

"It's Thursday," I whispered, but didn't pull away too far.

"No. It's past midnight now. It's Friday," he said and kissed me again.

Kissing at night in a bed was dangerous. I wanted to fuck him. I wanted to kiss up his silky legs and slide his short shorts off of him. I wanted him to moan more, moan louder. I wanted him to grab onto me tighter as he got closer to finishing.

I let go. "I think...we should go to bed," I said. I was breathing heavy.

"Okay, we can do that," he said. He kissed my forehead and then rolled over.

I could barely see him in the dark. I wanted to spoon him, but felt my body tingling from the kiss still that I decided not to. In the morning, though, I awoke to him cuddled up to me. What were we doing? We were basically together minus the label and sex. Would this last? Would I mess it up? I don't think Em actually felt the same as I felt for him. Why would he? Even if I attempted to be a normal, good human being, he still deserved better.

Em stretched against me, moving so he a little more on top of me. He opened his eyes and glanced up at me. "Good morning," he mumbled.

"Good morning," I said.

He sat up with a small smile, moving forward to kiss me. It was a gentle kiss. A good morning kiss. We only kissed for a minute or so before he put his head back onto my chest. "What time are they coming tomorrow?" he asked.

"They will be there around noon," I said.

On Saturday, people were coming to remove the hot tub. It was old anyway, but the look of it always brought back back memories. However, they were going to install a new hot tub. I decided to get a new one because I didn't want to completely avoid hot tubs for the rest of my life. I wanted to get back to enjoying them again. I just couldn't do that with the same hot tub from all of those years ago. Plus, the new one was going to be much nicer and fit the aesthetic the basement had already. Em was going to be there to help support me, because the idea of it kept weighing on me. I needed his comfort. Also, he was going to join me in the first dip into the brand new hot tub.