Chapter 26 - Lafayette

The Monday before Thanksgiving, I did yoga again. It had only been a week since I first started, but so far I had done it everyday. It felt nice. I found myself more energized. I don't know if it exactly helped me relax, but I wasn't reacting with anger as often. Again, it had only been a week, but the progress was motivating. I just had to be sure to not be mad at myself if I didn't stay consistent. If I tripped, I just had to stand back up.

After showering and changing into work clothes, I went into my office. I already heard Emerson on the other side of the door. I stepped into the reception area to find him nodding his head as he listened to music on his headphones. He was wearing a long, tunic sweater in a navy blue color. The sweater was hanging off of one of his shoulders. His skin always looked good. I was a little jealous because I had blemishes on my back. My dermatologist said it was sweat-induced folliculitis, meaning my sweat loved clogging my hair follicles. But Em's skin, it was soft and smooth, like silk. He had nice olive undertones, his summer tan fading. His shoulder was almost shiny, and I couldn't help but picture how smooth it would feel against my lips. I had to shake the thought from my head.

Em turned around, flashing me his shining smile. "Good morning," he said.

"Good morning," I said. "You look nice today."

"Really?" he asked, looking down at his outfit. "I've had this sweater forever. It's actually my dad's, but he grew out of it."

"Yeah, it's chic. Blue is your color," I said, leaning against the couch.

"Well thank you," he said, sitting in his chair. "Can we not do anything this week?"

"What would you like to not do?" I asked, smirking.

"Everything. Everyone knows the days before Thanksgiving is a waste of time and is not worth doing anything," he said. "Plus, look at this dreary ass weather. It's so gray and cold and gross. Where is the natural lighting? I know you're a vampire, but I'm not."

"Oh I'm a vampire am I?" I asked.

"Yes, you sit in your little dark dungeon with your curtains closed."

"You can open them anytime."

"I'll take you up on that offer." Em walked into my office, side eyeing me as he went by, and began opening all of the curtains in my office. Even though it was dreary weather, the room lit up. He really did glow in the light. He plopped down on the couch, kicking off his boots. He glanced at me over the back of the couch.

"I suppose if you don't want to be productive you do not have to, at least not until I really need you to," I said, shutting the door.

"No. You have to be unproductive too," he said, cozying up on the couch.

"I have work to do," I said and sat on my desk.

"No, please? That's so boring. Please, won't you be lazy with me?" he asked, batting his lashes. I hate that it worked on me.

"What would you like to do then?" I asked with a sigh.

He shrugged. "I don't know." He glanced around the room. "What's in that closet?" He nodded to a closet in the left corner.

I smirked. "That closet? That's my fun closet."

His eyes lit up. "Fun how?" He frowned. "Ew, fun how?"

I laughed, saying, "Go take a look if you want."

He sat up and walked to the closet, side eyeing me again, and opened the doors. He laughed. "Is this a lightsaber?" he asked. He pulled out my very nice lightsaber.

"Yeah, it is. Hit the button," I said.

He pressed the button on the handle and it lit up red, sound effects included. "Wow," he said. "That's fancy. Why red? Why not the green one?"