Chapter 20 - Lafayette

The 28th fell on a Saturday. Em said that Halloweekend was one of the most popular nights for his drag shows. It wasn't my idea, but after a conversation Michael and Em had, Michael demanded we all go see Em perform. Everyone was in on it. Jerry used to do drag a long time ago, so he even volunteered to join even though he didn't get out much. Sasha was going to go, too, with her girlfriend. So Saturday, I got a cab with Don and Jerry (dolled in drag) and we went to the club where Emerson performs. We met up with Sasha, Sydney, Carla, Marion, Michael, and Emilio. To our delighted surprise, Emerson had reserved us two tables in the front row by the stage.

We started with a round of shots. I had a feeling I would need some alcohol in me to loosen up. The drag show started with the emcee, Claire Voyant. She did a number to I Put a Spell on You, really setting the tone for the Halloween themed show. Twinkie Taylor came on next, doing a custom mash up to Spooky Scary Skeletons and a Nicki Minaj song. Then, it was Emerson's time to perform next.

Em stepped onto the stage wearing a cloak like Maleficent's, a black hood up. The intro to Disturbia by Rihanna came on. He - or in this case - she, put the hood down as the lyrics began, lip syncing perfectly to the song. Then, when the chorus began, she flipped off the cloak to reveal a skin tight black bodysuit with a skeleton on it. I didn't realize Em was the dancing type of drag queen, but he was kicking and flipping and getting the entire crowd riled up with every split and move she did. Halfway through the song, like what the rest of the drag queens did, she walked through the crowd to collect tips. I held up a fifty for her to take. When she came by, she snatched the fifty out of my hand and crawled onto the table, getting in Michael's face. She stood up and hopped back onto the stage, finishing the song out with a cartwheel into a split, blowing kisses to the crowd.

The drag show went on for a couple of hours longer. Each time Em came on, she was in a different outfit, each with some type of Halloween theme to it. For her final song, Emmy performed to E.T. by Katy Perry. She came out like a pin up alien, with green fishnet tights, a silver and holographic bra, underwear, and corset combo, with green fishnet sleeves. Her makeup was done to have subtle hints of green like an alien. She looked good, and she danced to the song so well. I had to be honest, it was a rather...sexy performance.

After the drag show, Em came over to our tables, still dressed like an alien. By that time, everyone had a few drinks in them. I had only had two drinks in addition to the shot, but they were strong drinks. We were all feeling it, even Em because he had taken a few shots backstage. We sat around the table, talking for a bit, and then Marion suggested we go to a club that had a dance floor. When we went outside, it was sprinkling.

"We should get a cab and go to The Hole," Michael said. "It's going to rain harder."

"I think it's a little past our bedtime," Don said. "We will be hailing a cab and calling it a night for now."

"Yes, my feet are killing me. Good luck Emerson," Jerry said.

"So that leaves eight people for one cab," Carla said. "Order one of the deluxe sizes."

Emilio ordered a cab and we waited under a vestibule.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

Em was holding his arms tight. "Maybe," he said.

"Here, you can take my jacket," I said. I put my jacket over him. It was long enough that it came below his hips. He looked nice in it.

"Thank you," he said, zipping it up.

The cab arrived and the driver said he only had seven seats available, but that he was fine with four squeezing in the back. "Em, you're the skinniest, just sit on someone's lap," Michael said.