What If... Kang vs 2012 Avengers

New York 
2012

During the invasion of New York, the Avengers assembled to fight against Loki, and the Chitauri. The Avengers look and see Bruce Banner arriving and they approach him.

Banner: So, this all seems horrible.

Natasha: I've seen worse.

Banner: Sorry.

Natasha: No, we could- use a little worse.

Red Hood: Hey Tony? Banner's here.

Iron Man: Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you.

They look and see Iron Man flying leading a Leviathan towards them.

Natasha: I don't see how that's a party.

Iron Man draws the creature low, and it skims the road. Banner turns and begins to walk away, towards the Leviathan.

Captain America: Doctor Banner, now might be a really good time for you to get angry.

Banner: That's my secret, Cap... I'm always angry.

Banner then transforms into the Hulk and punches the Leviathan, smashing it into the ground.

Iron Man: Hold On!

Iron Man shoots a missile, and it explodes. Red Hood, Clint, Natasha, and Captain America all take cover as the creature falls into two pieces of car. The Chitauri looks at them and they cry out. The Avengers all stand in a circle. Hulk roars, Hawkeye nocks an arrow, Thor readies his hammer, Mjolnir, Black Widow loads her gun, Red Hood bring out my two pistols and set them to automatic, Captain America stands ready and Iron Man hovers above them, landing next to the Hulk. That's when a massive light flashes and the Chitauri all fall to the ground dead. They look above and see all of Leviathan crashing to the ground. Tony unequips his helmet

Red Hood: Uh, did we win?

They then see something descending above them. They all look and see Kang on his rings, and he lands on the ground while he looks at them.

Kang: Ah, the famed Avengers. Quite an amazing thing you've created here.

Thor: Who are you? What did you do to our enemies?

Kang: You will refer to me as Kang. And as for your foes let's just say their time has run out.

Tony: Yeah, cute trick but it doesn't make you, our friend. What do you want from us?

Kang: Friendship? No Mr. Stark I'm here to give you a moment to savior your victory before I claim it for myself.

They all look at each other.

Captain America: We faced threats before, and we'll do it again. We're not afraid of you.

Kang: Ah, the brave captain. You misunderstand me. Fear is but a natural response to the unknown. And trust me you have no idea what's coming.

Clint: All right that's enough out of you.

Red Hood: He's all yours, Clint.

Clint pulls out an explosive arrow and shoots it at Kang, but it stops right at Kang's face, and it goes back towards Clint and hits him in the face killing him. Everyone looks in shock as the explosive arrow explodes launching the Avengers back. They all get up as Natasha screams and pulls out her pistol and shoots at Kang, but he launches debris at her, killing her as well. The other Avengers fight Kang as Captain America throws his shield and Iron Man shoots a repulsor at Kang. Kang uses the shield to block the repulsor and sends the shield at Iron Man and Captain America and they both fall as Thor sends lighting at Kang but Kang counters it and sends it back at him as Hulk runs in and leaps in the air but Kang uses his powers to grab him and send him to the ground and then sends him into a building. Red Hood shoots his pistols at him, but it does nothing as Kang pulls him towards him and tosses him away. Iron Man flies in but Kang moves out of the way, and he sends a piece of multiple debris at Iron Man, and he falls to the ground. Kang then sees Thor fly in the air with his hammer, but he moves as Thor hits the ground. Thor swings Mjolnir and Kang ducks as he avoids all of Thor's attacks Kang as he counters a few of Thor's attacks. Kang throws Thor to the ground and stomps Thor's head with his foot. Kang then throws him.

Iron Man: J.A.R.V.I.S. call for immediate backup!

His tech glitches as Captain America and Red Hood both go hand to hand with Kang as he avoids all of their attacks. Kang goes to punch Captain America, but he lifts the shield and once the punch lands the shield breaks into pieces as Captain America is sent flying into rubble. Kang grabs Red Hood but before he could kill him, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor all leap in the air to fight. Kang throws Red Hood into Captain America and Kang breaks Iron Man's suit, makes Thor float in the air, and makes Hulk transformer back into his human form. Kang destroys Iron Man's suit as Thor gets sent into a piece of sharp debris. Kang then stomps onto Bruce Banners head killing him. Kang smiles but it fades when Mjolnir flies by him and it goes backwards, and he sees the hammer fly into Captain America hands with Red Hood standing beside him. Kang sends debris at the two but they both jump over it as he destroys the other debris with Mjolnir. They run in as Captain America and Red Hood fights Kang. Kang avoids both of their attacks until Captain America hits Kang in the face with Mjolnir. Kang then hits Mjolnir out of Captain America hands and punches Red Hood away. He then kicks Captain America to the ground. Mjolnir then falls onto Captain America's head crushing his head. He turns to Red Hood as he tries to get up. Kang walks towards him and picks him up. Red Hood pulls out his knife and tries to stab him, but Kang grabs it and stabs him with it. Red Hood headbutts him away as Kang drops him. Red Hood pulls out the knife and throws it to the ground. They both run at each other avoiding each other's attacks until Red Hood throws a flashbang at Kang and Red Hood puts him in a headlock when Kang screams sending out a massive shockwave launching Red Hood back. Kang then stomps on Red Hood's helmet breaking it. He looks up as Kang kicks him to the ground. He was about to get up when Kang picks him up and snaps his neck, killing him. He then throws his body aside. That's when a beam is sent down. Kang looks and sees the beam sending Thanos in full armor to the ground with his double-bladed sword. They both look at each other as they fight. Unaware to Kang and the Mad Titan someone is watching them. Two eyes watch as Kang and Thanos fight. The two eyes are revealed to be the Watcher. He looks towards someone.

Watcher: You see now, don't you?

The person watches as Kang and Thanos fight each other.

???: Can't you do something?

Watcher: I took an oath. An oath to never interfere in the affairs of the Multiverse and simply observe what went on. That was until Tony Stark created Ultron for peace and to be a suit of armor around the world. In an alternate universe, Ultron got his wish and uploaded his consciousness into the body, before obtaining access to the nuclear codes, killing Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and Iron Man and wiping out humanity with the warheads. He then observed Thanos' arrival onto the destroyed Earth, his death at the hands of Ultron, and Ultron obtaining the Infinity Stones from the Infinity Gauntlet. Ultron then used the Reality Stone to recreate his army before travelling into space to decimate all life. He became aware of me, and I had to break my oath to save the multiverse. I formed a team from the multiverse to stop Ultron and they succeeded in stopping him. I foresaw the events that would unfold, from Black Widow's and your recruitments to the failed Infinity Crusher, to Ultron's death, to Killmonger's betrayal and Doctor Strange entrapping Killmonger and Arnim Zola in a pocket dimension.

???: If you foresaw those events, can you tell me if we win against Kang?

Watcher: Unfortunately, I can't tell you. In Doctor Strange's words, "If I tell you what happens, it won't happen."

The person then looks and sees Kang killing Thanos. The person then watches as Kang destroys the universe. The person then gets an idea.

???: You said, you assemble a team from the multiverse, right?

Watcher: Yes.

???: I have an idea to defeat Kang...