CHAPTER SEVEN

"あなたの名前?

"あなたの名前?.."

I evaded the human puppets while Tanjiro and Inosuke were speaking, and I thought about somethings from the real world.

'Hm..I wonder if I'm dead? But how would I be here if I am? The scratches from these marionettes feel very real..whatever. I wonder how the kitten is? I never got to name it. I wonder what my last words were? man, my memory is so faint..'

A sword being brought down in front of me woke me from my daze and I jumped back, looking at the person the sword belonged to, an undead slayer. Murata ran in front of me and blocked the sword with his own. Inosuke and Murata both yelled at each other and Inosuke's mask emitted steam from its nose and he crossed his arms like a six year old. Tanjiro took my hand and ran towards the direction Inosuke had already darted towards.

'If I remember correctly this is where the big one is..oh no.'

Threads surrounded our figures, each one harder to get off, given their size. A footstep echoed through the forest making us stop in our tracks, though I breathed a sigh of relief to see a girl was in front of us, a panicked look painted her face and then my concerned look returned as soon as it had left.
The threads attached to her back and head controlled her movements but she resisted as much as she could.

"Stop!"

"Don't come any closer! Run!- A-and bring someone who's a higher rank! Please! Its the only way we won't all die here!"

Tears poured like a waterfall and her comrades dead bodies laid limp in her grasp.

Her sword pulled into the air and her legs moved by themselves. Her movements were not her own. They were violent and hard to dodge, and small scratches were littered everywhere, but none of them cut deep enough to scar. Her bones and joints were moved so savagely and her screams were showcasing the fact that it hurt. She dashed at us and her cuts were fast and hurtful. She stood still for a second and Tanjiro quickly cut the threads on her and instinct moved my body without my consent.

I went behind her and dove under her legs and propped her up on my back and carried her in a piggyback , to avoid any strain on her body, and mine.

"E-Eh?!"

The demon's dolls arose from behind us and Tanjiro was quick to see the situation and make a plan. Taking action, him and Inosuke ran at the marionettes and flung them over the trees.

I ran around frantically, trying not to distract them but also trying to not get spiders on me or the girl.

I thought back to Miss Hisa teaching me some japanese back at the wisteria house, I already knew it would be bad, but I'd be comfy with knowing I tried.

(Your..name?)
あなたの名前?..

(Ozaki! My name is Ozaki!)
尾崎!尾崎と申します!

(the rest of the time -- 90% -- will not be like this when (you) speaks japanese, Only important, language milestones and other things. (random conversations, etc))

My self-doubt pushed through my system and made me doubt my pronunciation by millions but went away after she stated her name.
'Ozaki'.

All of the strung up puppets and the one about to be decoration on a tree aswell, were killed via broken neck.

Ozaki gagged at the sight and I think she pictured herself in the same situation.

When I was running I felt something on my left thigh and I looked down to see what it was and I deadpanned at the sight. A small brown satchel against me..this ENTIRE time?
More importantly..

'I had my phone..this WHOLE time??'

I opened the satchel and retracted my hand immediately at the touch of broken glass.

'nevermind.'

I ran helplessly, looking around with my stamina depleting my the minute, I felt like I was in a video game.
The dry forest floor beneath me and stepping on small spiders along the way. As my breath betrayed me trying to be cool and not seem like a couch potato dad who hasn't gotten up in 2 years, I spotted an area and gasped in relief.

'Thank goodness, she's surprisingly heavy, average demon slayer build i guess.'

'I think she'll be safe right here..I'll try and make my way back over to Tanjiro and Inosuke.. Wait, where am I? Its giving that one case study of vanitas scene, lol.'

Flashback; Real World'
I laid on my bed, on my computer watching a anime my friend Nadia recommended.
Simping over Noe became a daily thing, and I cried over the fact that Noe and Vanitas weren't cannon.
I would always rant to her about how she would always recommend the best animes.

"Nadi! How do you always find these?!"

Flash-To; Demon Slayer

I made my way back over and saw them battling a headless marionette, and Inosuke had just received unwanted cuts on his arm, torso and hand.

"Y/N!"

Tanjiro yelled, then ran infront of me, saying something but I didn't know what. I tilted my head to signal confusion and he turned around and battled the headless puppet with Inosuke. Arms, legs then the whole thing itself, gone and it disintegrated quick.

I clapped for the two of them to show my gratitude for the two of them protecting me, I was done speaking; I'd embarrassed myself enough.

An irk appeared on Inosuke's forehead and ran at me and Tanjiro at a fast speed.

"FUCK YOUUUU!"

"INOSUKEEEE!"

We were launched in the air and Tanjiro held onto me tight, so I wouldn't injure myself, then he sniffed the air a few times and sent a thumbs up Inosukes way; he returned it with a middle finger.

He let go of me, but kept a close eye and swiftly beheaded the sad and begging demon with a sad look.

Meanwhile, I was falling to my (i thought) inevitable death.

yeah.

While he was having his main character moment, my life flashed before my eyes, again.

I screamed loud enough to alert Tanjiro that I was still here and I would probably die in the next few seconds if he didn't move his ass. He did, and next thing I knew I was being carried bridal style in the arms of the main character of Demon Slayer.

-----------------------------

🎀BALLERINA🎀