CHAPTER EIGHT

"What the fuck?! He's totally cheating! Thats not allowed!"

He looked down with a sincere smile and a faint blush then looked up and kept running, leaving me with the image in my mind. The faint blush didn't disappear despite his efforts to stop it.

He abruptly stopped and pulled over to the side upon hearing a muffled crying sound.
Then it clicked.

'This is where Rui and Sister demon are..'

I internally prayed that this would go differently and I would get some form of courage and do something, cause seeing Nezuko so injured the first time broke my heart.
He gently put me down as sister demon left and put his hands down as a motion for me to lay low.

I wanted to say something but I didn't have the vocabulary to so I just did as I was told to do. I watched them engage in conversation but got side-tracked when I looked to the side because there was a small black and white cat skinny and scared, cowering in a bush with fallen leafs. I called it but no avail.

I walked over but paused in my tracks.

"If it runs, I'll probably get killed because it ran so far into the woods..but its so cute..! Even if I do catch it, how would I get back? Where would I even put it?--"

Remembering earlier events, I crept over to the cat who surprisingly didn't run away and swept it up in my arms. Then I emptied my shoulder bag and carefully put the cat in, who was asleep. i walked back over to the fight seeing Nezuko desperately trying to get out of Rui's grasp.

I couldn't just stand by, but my right mind said to stay back so I did.

Then it happened.

She clawed at his face and was almost immediately suspended in the air by strong threads. Tanjiro screamed in rage and dashed towards Rui in a fit of anger and his sword came into contact with the threads and split in half. Confused, Tanjiro got slashed shallowly and Nezuko squirmed angrily, her speech prohibited by the bamboo stick in her mouth.

The threads on Nezuko tightened and her muffled screams of agony made my mind move on its own, after setting down my shoulder bag. Rui and Tanjiro engaged in battle while I thought of a plan that would work and that wouldn't be irrational.

I knew they'd be okay in the end.

So why was I so scared?

They were struggling, what should I do?

My mind ran in circles and then I remembered demons like people of my blood type, so I looked around amidst the darkness for a sharp object to make a small cut with. A sharp rock glistened by a tree and I ran towards it and scrunched my face to prepare. I ran it on my skin and it hurt for  a second and instantly Rui looked in my direction. His empowered gaze was frightening and I felt that the distraction wasn't finished yet. I ran around in the trees, distracting Rui with the smell while he was fighting Tanjiro. It wasn't much but maybe it helped? Help me out here.

My legs were tired and so was my brain with trying to come up with irrational ideas that wouldn't work so I just watched and anticipated, like an onlooker. Gritting my teeth, Nezuko squirmed in pain and I simply couldn't bear it. I retraced my steps and looked for the broken glass from my phone screen and once I found it, I realized the idea was stupid and sat there feeling dumb. In a fit of anger, I threw a glass shard at Rui and didn't realize it til he had dragged me over with threads, hanging at my feet.
The language he spoke just came as inaudible words to me, I flashed him a smile and came eye-to-eye with Nezuko.

I was held in suspense in the air, the threads hurt, but not as much as the idea of coming down which was scary. Their fight continued and finally Tanjiro unlocked Hinokami Kagura and Nezuko mustered up the strength to release her blood demon art, helping Tanjiro massively which helped him decapitate Rui and his head flew off his shoulders, and might I add, it looked cooler from the over-top view.

I had forgotten that in the show, Rui took his own head off before decapitation.

He simply put his head back on.

"What the fuck?! He's totally cheating! Thats not allowed!"

A dome of red threads surrounded the beaten Tanjiro but a stream of water cut it up before it grazed his skin.
Apparently when he had cut the red threads, he cut the threads on me and Nezuko too. We fell to the floor and the our already hurt limbs were just further damaged, so that was fun.

"ow.."

Tanjiro rushed over to me and Nezuko, and the person who saved Tanjiro who, I made the obvious guess was Giyu.

Dead Calm was released while Tanjiro made sure we were okay, sorry, but all I could do was stare in awe of the beauty of the technique. The contrast from the vibrant blue to the deep black of the night sly and the whimsical feel to it all.

Since I was night-dreaming, I couldn't see or hear for that matter, Tanjiro signaling me to come with him til I was being picked up. Once I snapped out of it, I realized that this wasn't Tanjiro feeling as the palm had a rougher texture and harder grip.
I looked up to see Giyu carrying me and I felt like I was flying at 90 miles per hour!

I knew I wasn't, but that's what it felt like. He slowed down and gently set me down because Tanjiro had been tripped by Shinobu, which was her attempt to capture the two of them.

Giyu and Shinobu talked, and Tanjiro took my hand with Nezuko in his arms and he ran and I instinctively ran with him. He gave me a worried but reassuring smile but I could tell he was more worried than I was.

Kanao was hot on our tail, but she was going for Tanjiro cause he was holding Nezuko, her target.

She roughly plantes the bottom of hee foot onto his back, pushing him down to the rough forest floor. Since Nezuko was badly injured I scooped her up and continued running until I could make a circle back around to Nezuko's box.

Once I made it, my feet were sore and fatigue was making my vision blurry.
As someone who did competitive track, Kanao was the fastest competitor by far.

I stuffed Nezuko into the box and collasped on top of it and woke up soon in a new location.

~~

🎀BALLERINA🎀

🎀BALLERINA🎀