CHAPTER 11

"Hi, my name is Y/N!"

I was sleeping soundly after the rigorous training session with Mitsuri last night until she violently shook me awake, smiling ear-to-ear.
"Good morning!~"
She pulled me up, hugging me tightly. Her strong but sweet strawberry perfume basically enveloped my nose, so I got a nice big whiff of it. "Good morning, Mitsuri!" I smiled, hugging her back. "I was up all night making our schedule for today! Okay— so first— obviously I'm gonna teach you some Japanese like I said, eat, stretch and then Obanai asked me out to lunch, and I wanna take you with me!"

"Really? I mean— sure!" I realized that I'd be third wheeling, but that's okay! It was fun just being near them! "Okay, so follow me! I borrowed a Japanese book from Shinobu this morning, so look over that while I make us breakfast." She took my hand and led me to the kitchen, where sitting at the big island were two barstools with a large book sitting on the island.
I sat down, looking over the book and occasionally asking Mitsuri questions, which she answered immediately and nicely. She clanked around in the large kitchen, the sweet smell of the food she was making made it hard to focus. "Make sure to finish the first 7 pages, at least, okay? It has all of the basics. Like yes, no, I don't know, how to say your name, etc!" I nodded and began again on the book. On page 10, Mitsuri came from behind the stove and rested her head on my shoulder from behind me.

"Doing well?"
I nodded. I was blushing, so I didn't want her to see, but she took my face in her hand to turn my head and she smiled sweetly. I laughed off the close contact even though I felt like a fan girl seeing her idol for the first time.
She smiled and skipped off to finish the food and I died inside internally from embarrassment.

I got to the 17th page before my brain started sizzling, which was more that I or Mitsuri expected. "You're a quick learner! When I learned English, it took me 3 weeks to get to page 17!" She grinned, placing her and my food down and sat next to me to start eating.
"Well? Go ahead, eat!" She muffled, her mouth was stuffed with the fluffy pancakes she'd made moments before.
I stuffed my mouth with the syrupy, soft pancakes that Mitsuri made, and I'm surprised she goes to restaurants to eat, her cooking was delicious. I looked over to see Mitsuri's progress, and as expected, she was finished. "That was so good!! I wanna get another plate, but I'm gonna help you first!" I was more important than her food? Achievement!

Once I finished eating, she sat in front of me to help me with my Japanese.
"Can you understand me?" She asked.
"I— yes."
"I'll try something a little more complex then..say— Hi, my name is Y/N."
"Hi, my name is Y/N!" I exclaimed, excited about my progress. Can't believe I learned that from a book.

"Yes!! Okay. I put a few outfits on your bed and if you'd like, you can wear any of of those for when we go out to lunch with Obi!" I nodded and thanked her then ran to my room, she was so considerate. I picked up one of the outfits and took off the clothes I had on, I fangirled over Mitsuri's take on my style because she had basically enraptured how I wanted to dress!
I stepped out in my new clothes and Mitsuri was the bathroom next to my room doing her makeup. Maybe she heard the door opening but as soon as I closed the door behind me, she'd ran up to me, squealing so much her face was turning red.
"Eek!! You look so good!"
"Thanks Mitsuri! You look really good too!"
She did a celebratory spin and then went back to the bathroom to finish her makeup.
I didn't really feel like doing any makeup so I just went and sat out on the engawa.
'It's been so long since I practiced anything, Mom and Dad would be so mad. Maybe once we get back I'll try doing ballet again.' Mitsuri slid next to me, her makeup now finished. "What'cha thinking about?"
She asked, trying to get some food for thought. "Nothing, just..looking at the sky."
"Yep, My house has the best views. Me, you and this one." She giggled, looking up towards the cloud-covered blue sky.

Urara, Mitsuri's crow, then flew over and landed on her shoulder. "CAW, CAW! VISITOR, VISITOR!"

"C'mon, Obanai's here!"

TAISHO ERA SECRETS

🌸-Y/N can almost (75%) fully understand Japanese. (Understand, not speak it)
🌸-Mitsuri noticed all the small blushes.
🌸-Urara likes Y/N.
🌸-Obanai doesn't know you'll be going.

🎀BALLERINA🎀