CHAPTER 12

"I like your snake

"I like your snake."

—————(y/f/f) means your favorite food!
Me and Mitsuri watched as Obanai carefully strolled against the front yard I can now proudly call my own. The gentle rustle of the spring morning flowers, and the pleasant sounds of pebbles clashing created a calm atmosphere when meshed together.
Mitsuri took my hand, giggling as she heard the knock at the door. "You're gonna love Obanai! He's super sweet!" She opened the door and immediately hugged him and he rested his head on her shoulder. He looked at me with a glare of death and a quiet whisper to Mitsuri. "Why is she here..?" Mitsuri backed up with a blushed smile and introduced us. "Obanai, this is Y/N, Y/N this is Obanai!" I gave him a friendly wave, but my legs were shaking. He was so intimidating! He didn't respond and just sighed before giving me a reluctant wave.

As we started on the road with me on the right, Mitsuri in the middle and Obanai on the left. They made quiet conversation with in between giggles from me when I, sometimes, understood what they said. 15 minutes later of small talk, we had found the restaurant. The diner had cute plants and nice reviews on the outside which made it extremely welcoming.

We walked in and Obanai would subtly scoot Mitsuri away from me, I pretended not to notice cause I know women are a generally sensitive topic for him, especially ones he doesn't know. We sat down at a table with 3 seats at a diagonal, the same way we'd been walking. Mitsuri in the middle, me on the right and Obanai on the left.

"Do you know what you want?" Mitsuri asked me, a bubbly smile on her face. She looked like she was gonna give me recommendations, so I shook my head no.
"Well, when me and Obi come here on our free days, I always get the (y/f/f), you should try it!"
"Really? That's my favorite food!" I exclaimed, I was glad to see someone with similar interests. "Actually? I always knew we'd be super similar!" She giggled as a waiter came up to us for our food and drink orders and Mitsuri ordered a little over half the menu. Me and Obanai just kinda sat there..looking at each other. It was getting too awkward for my liking so I spoke up a bit. "Hey, Mitsuri?"
"Hm? What's up?"
"Can you tell Obanai I like his snake?"
"Ooo! Even better, I can tell you how to say it!"
So, we spent a good 5 minutes going over each word, but I have to say, she's a great teacher! "Go ahead, tell him!"
"Obanai?"
He looked at me, an eyebrow raised suspiciously. "What."
"I- um, I like your snake." I pointed to his neck where the reptile laid asleep, just in case my Japanese was so bad he had to rely on context.
"..Thanks. His name is Kaburamaru."
"K-kaburamaru?"
He looked at me, seemingly fascinated we could kinda make conversation. I excused myself to the bathroom and did a mini-celebratory cheer that I could make small talk in Japanese! With the help of a translator, at least. I walked back out from the diner a couple seconds after, bustling conversation and calming 80's Japanese music playing quietly in the background. I walked back to our table, my food sitting there waiting for me.
"The waiter came while you were gone, the food looks so good!" The steaming food almost looked too good to eat, but me and Mitsuri dug in anyway, munching away on the cuisine. After 20 minutes of stuffing our faces full and playful small talk, we were out of the restaurant and on our way back home. Obanai decided he'd be along for the ride and would walk us home and Mitsuri told me something on the way back. "I just wanted to let you know, Shinobu told me your friends miss you."
'They miss me?'
"Really? I'll be sure to visit them tomorrow then." As we arrived and Obanai was bidding his farewells, he actually waved to me, I was genuinely surprised! I waved back with the kindest of smiles and went into the house with Mitsuri. We cleaned up and talked before doing a night workout then heading to bed, Today was a good day, and I can't complain.

 We cleaned up and talked before doing a night workout then heading to bed, Today was a good day, and I can't complain

TAISHO ERA SECRETS! (SHHH.)
🍡-Mitsuri has a little crush, I wonder who it could be?
🤍-Very soon Y/N will learn her breathing style.
😽-Obanai doesn't hate you.
🌸-Obanai is getting Mitsuri a present soon!

(A/N) Wowzers! A semi-consistent update! How rare

(A/N)
Wowzers! A semi-consistent update! How rare. I would just like to come out and say thank you for almost 7k (6.95k) reads!! It genuinely means so much and I'd like to know how I can improve.

Bye bye, love you lots!
Qupiiii - 🌸