ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xᴠɪ

✧ ✦ ✧

I reclined my skull against the sofa head as my body sprawled against the velvety matress.

For the first time in my life, I felt anxious.

Distinctly uneasy.

My face twisted into an unamused frown as my eye fluttered back and forth between the door and the analog watch secured around my wrist, telling me that the love of my life was infact late.

And the thought of her possibly not coming itched the deepest corners of my brain increasing the profound agitation within me.

I had to stop reminiscing the idea like a broken record yet I was hardly willing to compose myself until I see her with my own eyes.

Where are you?

I n e e d h e r.

The deep heavy voice echoed inside me while I let out an evident groan going back on my feet from my previous comfortable position. I held my head due to the throbbing headache soaring through my veins whilst running my hands through the strands of my hair concluding that I couldn't wait no more.

She was my drug and I was hopelessly addicted.

I pick up my jacket sprinting towards the door twisting the knob open only to find the elegant figure now standing infront of me, her hand inches before the doorbell.

"Oh hey Jungkook" she waved her hand, brightly smiling at me.

"I was just about to ring the doorbell" her eyes shifted towards the jacket in my arm "Are you going somewhere?" she pointed towards it as my eyes too diverted there before throwing it on the nearest sofa

"Oh no. I just thought you wouldn't come because..." my voice trailed off, averting my head and directing my eyes to the wall clock which had its hour hand stuck at 7.

"Sorry, I'm late" she shrugged pursing her lips rubbing her hands due to the cool winter breeze swaying in the air.

"It's fine" I said. Looking down at her dress, She was clad in simple peach shirt along with a light brown knee-length skirt and black stilletos. A dark brown jacket draped around her petite frame in order to protect her from the chilly winds of the winter season.

My eyes unintentionally went to her chest which heaved up and down due to her heavy breaths presumably from hurrying to my house from her car as her skirt crumpled up to her mid-thigh while she pressed her hands on her skirt in order to ease the crease formed on it.