Chapter 4

"Are you sure, uncle?" Rhaenyra asked; she looked clearly uncomfortable.

"You are the princess of Dragonstone, are you not?" Daemon asked.

"Well... yes... but..."

"No more but, stay seated, and don't you dare ever think to touch that damn wine flask." Daemon said from across the table.

Rhaenyra pouted but obeyed nonetheless,

One by one, members of the small council came and took their designated seats. All of them looked at Rhaenyra and Daemon in question, but none of them dared to ask why Daemon was there or why Rhaenyra did not start distributing the wine.

The last one who arrived was, of course, Viserys and Otto, both equally surprised, "Daemon? Rhaenyra?"

"Morning, brother." Daemon smiled at his older brother. "Am I still welcome at your council?"

"Well, of course you are still welcomed."

"Great, and one more thing, Brother."

"What is it?" Viserys asked while sitting down on his chair.

"I think you need to assign a new cup bearer, because Rhaenyra is old enough to take a more serious role at your council as Princess of Dragonstone."

Viserys looked at Rhaenyra; he fell silent for a bit before nodding, "Yes, yes, you're right, Rhaenyra indeed need to start learning to govern; I'll order council marbles made for the two of you,"

Rhaenyra beamed at Daemon.

Daemon gives Rhaenyra an 'I told you so' look that makes Rhaenyra roll her eyes.

The small council ran smoothly; they were discussing disputes at Riverland; as always, Otto chose to avoid confrontation and just compensate the Riverlords for their loss, which is the kind of choice that Viserys loves.

"I agree with Otto, What do you think, Daemon?" Viserys asked.

Before Daemon could speak his mind, Otto cut him off, "I think it not wise to ask such an important matter to Prince Daemon, Your Grace, since the prince was not updated yet on the current situation of the realm."

Daemon scoffed, "This kind of dispute has been happening since before my grandfather reign, Otto, the current situation of the realm was irrelevant with this matter because the Riverlords always dispute over the same thing."

"That's true... it's always because they want more territory for themselves." Viserys sighs.

Otto looks as he tries so hard not to roll his eyes at Viserys, "Still, I believe that Prince Daemon's lack of political skill may lead the King into making bad decisions."

So you want to play like that, huh? Fine, Cunt, let's play!

"Lack of political skill?" Daemon chuckles, "Do enlighten me who teaches you politics, Dear Otto."

"Pardon?"

"Probably your late lord father or Maester of your house right?" Daemon asked,

"...That is correct but I don't see the correlation here...."

"I don't want to brag, but," Daemon shrugged, "Archmaester Cetheres was the one who taught me politics; I bet you know him since he was really famous for his skill in Politic and Warcraft; my Grandfather personally summoned him from the citadel to teach Viserys and I, who else teaches us, Brother? Oh yeah! Septon Bart, too, isn't he? Oh, and not to forget to mention, every end of the month, my grandfather Late King Jaehaerys the Wise, would assess my progress in study himself; safe to say I may have more political aptitude than you." Daemon smirked when he saw Otto's stoic mask slipping from the humiliation he got.