Chapter 8

"Dyana"

Dyana flinched when she heard her name being called by the Queen. "Yes, my queen?" Dyanna carefully asked.

"Where's Keep's budgeting for next period? Why is it not yet on my table?" Queen Alicent asks.

Dyana's hand started trembling; her eyes kept following the Queen's hands, "...The King... he decided to relieve you from all court duties, your grace." She said while bracing herself if the Queen started throwing things around again.

Surprisingly the Queen was calm today; she fell silent and then hummed, "of course he does..."

Instead of relief, Dyana finds Queen's flat response somewhat more disturbing; it's not like Dyana enjoys Queen's outburst; her latest outburst still scars Dyana mentally and physically, even now, just thinking of that makes the wound on Dyana's head throbbing uncomfortably.

"Help me dress, Dyanna."

Dyana complied; she helped the queen dress without asking a single question.

After finishing dressing, Queen Alicent leaves her room, ignoring Ser Rickard Thorne, who asks where she wants to go.

The Kingsguard turned to Dyana with a questioning gaze; Dyana quickly shook her head, "The Queen didn't tell me either, Ser." She said,

Ser Thorne exhaled deeply, and he and Dyana ended up following the Queen in silence.

They finally found their destination when the Queen stops in front of Prince Aegon's chamber.

"Open the door." The Queen told Ser Cargyll and Ser Fell, who were currently guarding the door.

"I'm sorry but The king does not allow you to be around Prince Aegon nor Princess Helaena, your grace." Ser Cargyll answered.

"I'm their mother!" The Queen starts shouting.

Seeing Queen's outburst, Ser Rickard tapped Dyana's shoulder, "Keep her away from the prince and princess." he said before running toward the directions of King's private chamber.

"Touch me, and I'll have your head!" The Queen screams when Ser Fell almost grabs her wrist to stop her from opening Prince Aegon's chamber door.

Dyana, watch the hell break loose. The Queen stormed inside the room; she grabbed Prince Aegon by his wrist and yanked him up from the floor. It startled the young prince and made him start crying.

Hearing her brother crying, Princess Helaena, who was sleeping in her cradle, starts wailing, adding more chaos to the situation.

Ser Fell and Ser Cargyll immediately blocked the door with their body, prevented the Queen from leaving the room, and demanded she releases the young prince.

The Queen refused; she started shouting and cursing the Kingsguards, demanding they get out of her way. Her eyes look crazy, and she seems unaffected by Prince Aegon's pained cry.

Dyana didn't know what to do. she knew she must stop the Queen as Ser Thorns told her, but she worried about her own well-being! The last time she tried to stop the Queen from leaving her room, a Vase flew to her head; if she stop The Queen knew, who knows what else would fly to her.

Dyana almost cried in relief when she saw Prince Daemon finally arrive with Ser Thorns and Ser Darkly.

"Alicent! Release the boy!" Prince Daemon shouted.

"No! I won't let you separate me from my son!" The Queen shouted back.

"Daemy!" Prince Aegon cried for help, his free hand stretched toward Prince Daemon.