Chapter 10

"Oh, I don't never thought Lord Brune was a gambling addict!" Said one lady.

"Same, and oh poor young lady Burne, she was a promising young lady with a bright future; look what became of her now." Said another.

"I wonder how long she will manage to stay alive; a smart young lady like her maybe could survive until the wedding day." Lady Fell said before lifting her cup of tea.

"Lady Fell!" Protest other Ladies that attended the royal tea time.

Lady Fell sipped her tea calmly, "Oh come on now, everyone already knew what would happen with any girl. That engaged to young Lord Hayford; it's no longer a secret."

Lady Tyrell huffed, "Aside from that, the one that really bothered me was the fact that Lady Velaryon didn't do anything to help her ladies; rumors said she just abandoned Lady Brune just like that."

"Aren't Lady Brune the closest confidant to Lady Velaryon?"

"Yes, that's why I said it really bothered me; what kind of lady of the noble house that couldn't take care of a member of her household."

"Well, if it were me, I wouldn't entrust my daughter to someone like that." Lady Fell.

Rhaenyra hides her smirk with the rim of her cup of tea. Ever since Daemon taught her how to manipulate the small council, she began to try the same approaches to her ranks.

The ladies began gossiping about Laena's other handmaidens, Elyse Pyne, Alisha Edgerton, and Brynna Manning. Rhaenyra tries to get as much information as she can about them and starts planning how to make their life a living hell.

"Your emotions are slipping, princess." Whisper Erryk to remind Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra clears her throat and takes a sip of her tea while fixing her impassive expression. "Thank you, sir."

Erryk nodded.

By the time afternoon tea time comes to an end, Daemon enters the Venue with servants who start distributing small velvet boxes to all the ladies, "a small token to all the ladies that attended my fiancé's first tea banquet." Daemon said with his charming smile.

All the ladies quickly unwrapped their boxes, and many squeals of excitement were heard.

"Oh my! How pretty! Thank you, my Prince, my Princess." Lady Tyrell said while appraising the brooch with a diamond in the center.

Rhaenyra smiled at Lady Tyrell and then nodded to all the other ladies.

Rhaenyra knew the brooch would soon be the next fashion trend in the capital.

" Where's mine? " Rhaenyra asks playfully.

Daemon chuckled, " You want that insignificant brooch? "

" Don't play with me, Uncle; I know you prepared something else for me. "

"Did I?"

Rhaenyra glares at Daemon. Which only makes him chuckle in response. He snapped his finger, and a servant came with a bigger velvet box, " Close your eyes , princess."

Rhaenyra quickly gathered her hair and lifted it, then closed her eyes. She could not see what kind of necklace Daemon prepared for her, but the other lady could, and judging by how they gasped in awe, Rhaenyra assumed was beautiful; Daemon knew for his impeccable taste.

"Thank you, uncle," Rhaenyra said before kissing Daemon's cheek.

"You haven't seen the necklace." Daemon raised his eyebrow.