Chapter 7

"Princess Rhaenys I didn't mean to disrespect you by declining your offer to make Laena as one of my ladies..."

Rhaenys put down her cup; her expression was unreadable.

"It's not about Laena, it's all me," Rhaenyra started, "As you know the whole thing with the current Queen... it's still affecting me... quite bad..."

Rhaenys expression soften, "Rhaenyra..."

"I know I have to overcome it, I try, God knows I try..." Rhaenyra took a deep breath. "That's why—"

"Hmm?"

"—I came up with other solutions."

Rhaenys raised her eyebrow.

"Since I'm going to take care of Queen's court duties alongside my main duties as princess of Dragonstone, I thought the only best way to handle everything is with having my own council,"

Rhaenys sipped her tea; Rhaenyra could see her interest in the idea.

"And because this council would work professionally.... I intend to hire a widower or a married lady with more experience rather than a younger lady."

"That would work." Rhaenys commented.

"It would definitely work if you, princess Rhaenys accepted my offer to became my hand, my advisor,"

"Me?"

"Yes, you're the most esteemed lady in this realm, a Targaryen Princess on top of that."

Rhaenys fell silent momentarily before putting down her cup and asking, "who else is going to be on your council?"

"Lady Daenora Celtigar, Lady Alice Tyrell, Lady Lyn Corbray, Lady Roslin Fell and Lady Elinda Massey already confirmed that they would join my council."

Rhaenys nodded, "you choose your council member better than your father, Rhaenyra."

Rhaenyra let out a small chuckle. "Thank you for the compliment, dear cousin."

"I need to discuss this with my husband first, hope you understand, Rhaenyra."

"Of course, Princess Rhaenys, I'll wait for good news from you."

Rhaenys nodded.

Daemon took a deep breath, "You ask the wrong person, Lady Velaryon, like I told you before, if you had a question about dragons you better ask Rhaenyra, or your mother, not me."

"Well, if that's the case, maybe we could learn together?" She starts closing the gap between them, subtly pressing her boobs on his upper arm.

Daemon likes boobs like any other normal healthy man, but a noble lady's boobs? An unmarried one on top of that? Nope, hard pass on that; there are more consequences than pleasure in it, and the most dangerous consequence of all is getting Rhaenyra angry.

Daemon moves to the side to keep creating a gap between him and the girl, but she is unyielding; she keeps closing the distance between them.

Daemon cursed silently when he reached the edges of the bench; he got nowhere else to go. He almost hissed when the girl was finally bold enough to hug his arm and squeeze her plumpy boobs onto him.

For a second, Daemon was swayed; he could not resist enjoying the soft yet supple and warm temptation that shrouded his arm. But when he almost surrendered to the siren's call, the image of Rhaenyra looking at him with disdain suddenly flashed in his head, making him almost nauseous.