Chapter 5

Daemon stood beside Viserys bedside, his brother still deep in slumber, a mischievous smile blossoming on Daemon's face, "Vis, Vis, wake up." Daemon said as he shook Viserys' shoulder lightly.

Viserys' eyes flew open, "Daemon?" He blinked in confusion, "What happened? What time is this? Why are you here?" He asked in dazed.

"Come, get out of bed." Daemon didn't answer Viserys questions; he just tugged him off the bed and dressed him.

"What? Wait! Where are we going?" Viserys asked in confusion when Daemon dragged him all the way toward the courtyard where the royal carriage and four Kingsguard had been waiting.

"Good morning, your grace, prince Daemon." Ser Harrold greeted both of them.

"Everything ready?" Daemon asked.

"Yes, my prince." Harrold answered.

The carriage door opened, and Rhaenyra popped her head out, "Father, Uncle, Morning."

"Rhaenyra? Wait, we're going somewhere?" Viserys asked.

Daemon shoves a piece of sweet bread into Viserys mouth, "you ask too many questions, just get your ass inside the carriage." Daemon grumbles as he helps Viserys to enter the carriage.

"Wher 'we goin'?!" Viserys mumbles between his chewing.

Daemon and Rhaenyra just smiled at him.

"Just touch her already!" Daemon yells in frustration.

"Like hell I would!" Viserys spat.

Daemon rolled his eyes, grabbed Viserys hand, then forcefully pressed it into Syrax's neck, Viserys gasped when his skin finally made contact with the warm scales of his daughter's dragon.

"See it's not that hard!"

"You are not supposed to be this close with other people, Dragon, you know that."

"With Caraxes, Yes. he will definitely bite your hand off, but with Syrax, as long as Rhaenyra is by your side, you're fine; she's a good girl," Daemon started rubbing Syrax's neck to make the dragon purr, "See? She is as sweet as her rider."

Daemon chuckled when he saw Rhaenyra hide her blushing face behind Syrax.

"For someone who tame Balerion the black Dreath you pussy as fuck, Syrax was not even quarter of Balerion size."

"Balerion was old, slow, and always sleeping! I can run from him if he decides to chew me up."

Daemon narrowed his eyes, "You got a point."

"Of Course I am!" Viserys rolled his eyes. "What are we going to do here anyway?" He asks while mindlessly rubbing Syrax's neck.

"Getting you fresh air."

"Huh?"

"I heard you said to Mellos your joint was hurt, Rhaenyra and I thought some exercises will do you good," Daemon said with his cheeky smile, "You don't feel any difference? Like at all?"

Viserys fell silent for a moment then he realized he never felt this energetic in the morning, his mind was clear, and he breathed more easily.

Before Viserys could react, Ser Harrold approached them and announced that breakfast had been served.

The sun was already high in the sky when the three Targaryen returned to the Keep. Unsurprisingly, Otto was already waiting for them in the courtyard.