Chapter 12

"I'm sorry, a what?" Corlys asked in confusion; his delicious dinner immediately tasted like ash in his mouth.

"I permitted you to use the Royal Sept and Great Hall for Laena and Racaillo's wedding." Viserys smiled brightly at him, and without missing a beat, he started rambling, "Rhaenyra told me that having a royal wedding at Royal Sept and the banquet at the Great Hall was the dream of every lady in the realm; Rhaenyra also said that if Laena her dearest cousin were backed by Royal family, Braavos would think twice before dared to look down at her when she's at Essos. Rhaenyra, bless her kind heart, keeps saying she worries about Laena because she heard many stories of wives that were treated coldly in their husband's home; she said she will do all she could to support Laena."

Corlys was fiberglassed, and he really didn't know how to respond to Viserys; for weeks now, He had tried so hard to postpone the wedding, yet the world seemed to push the wedding right to his face.

"Oh, please don't take Viserys wrong, Corlys; my brother didn't mean to overstep or anything. If you had already planned to do Laena's wedding on Driftmark, please do as per your plan; we only had the best intentions for Laena, am I right, Brother?" Daemon smiled at Viserys.

Viserys nodded,

"I didn't know that you both and Rhenyra cherished Laena that much. That's very kind of you, Thank you, Cousins." Rhaenys smiles at Viserys and Daemon.

"What you talking about, cousin? There's no need to thank me; family supposed to have each other's back."

Corlys almost pulled his hair out in frustration when he saw Rhaenys squeeze Visery's hand fondly. Corlys knew this battle had been lost; there was nothing else he could do to call off Laena and Racallio's wedding now.

"You think Rhaenys would finally forgive me?" Viserys asks.

Daemon shrugged, "Who knows, but I suggest you not anger her ever again."

Viserys huffed.

"We must keep Meleys and Seasmoke under our thumb, brother."

"I know, I know." Viserys huffed more loudly this time, "What about Vhagar? I still can't believe Laena aimed to claim the ancient dragon."

"Don't worry about Vhagar; Rhaenyra and I managed to drive her to a small island near Dragonstone; the dragon keeper will keep supplying her with food; she won't go anywhere anytime soon."

"Good— good—" Viserys mused. "We secured Vhagar, but what about Laena?"

"Rhaenyra took care of her alright; she made sure to keep Lena busy and confined at Red Keep till her wedding."

"There's a chance she failed, and Vhagar killed her."

"Such an optimist, like always," sneered Daemon, "I would rather not gamble on fate, dear brother. Because if our dearest Laena succeeded in claiming Vhagar, not only would Velaryon outnumber us by having more dragon riders, but they would also own the largest and deadliest dragon in their possession; Gods forbid I would let the Velaryon wield more power than us! "

" Fine! Fine! I got your point, Daemon!"

Daemon laughed, "Then, how about you?"

"What about me?" Viserys ask in confusion.

Daemon makes a hacking gesture to his own wrist. "Are you going to chop your hand off?" He asked.

Viserys rolled his eyes angrily, "must you say it like that?"