Chapter 13

Rhaenyra's heart ached badly when he saw how fond Daemon was of Sunfyre; he taking care of the hatchling preciously, he; hen hand feeding the baby dragon and playing with it,

" Sunfyre hatch from Aegon's egg, " Rhaenyra said, no longer able to keep the secret that burdened her heart.

A slab of meat on Daemon's hand fell to the floor, " What did you just say?"

"Sunfyre were hatched from the Egg that was bestowed to Aegon," Rhaenyra repeated.

She saw Daemon's jaw clenched, and his eyes changed, " who knows about this?"

"Only us and the dragon keeper named Jacaemar."

Daemon's demeanor instantly softened, " Good, you did the right thing, Rhaenyra."

Rhaenyra blinked in disbelief at Daemon, and it made the man laugh, "why do you look surprised? You thought I would be mad at you for doing the right thing?"

"...you think I did the right thing?"

"Of course, my love!" Daemon grabbed Rhaenyra's cheeks and kissed her, " You do the preventative really well; we don't need Aegon to get more fame than he had now, don't we? "

Rhaenyra nodded,

"Why are you still making that face?"

"I..." Rhaenyra sighs, " I felt bad for separating Aegon from Sunfyre; it's like denying their bond... "

Daemon shook his head, " Love, listen to me carefully; you did the right thing because, If you did not separate Aegon and Sunfyre, I would have no choice but to kill Aegon. "

"Daemon!" Rhaenya gasped loudly.

" I meant it, Rhaenyra; I would rather die than see Hightower's spawn sit on the Iron Thrones."

Rhaenyra nods solemnly.

Daemon finally smiled, "It would be better to raise Sunfyre at Dragonstone, but we had Cannibal there..." he sighed, "I guess we shall raise him here till he is big enough to fend for himself. Have you put an order to prevent Aegon from ever going to Dragon Pit?"

Rhaenyra nodded, "Both Aegon and Helaena."

" Good ! Then Everything is in order!" Daemon said happily. No one would ever guess they were talking to murder a toddler just five minutes ago.

"Resuming the tour?" Viserys asked in surprise.

Daemon nodded, "This Tour is meant for the realm to recognize Rhaenyra as the future Queen of Seven Kingdoms; people need to recognize her so she can cement her influence among the highborn and lowborn outside the King's landing."

"Well..." Viserys looks reluctant to agree, his eyes falling on his new silver hand.

"This will be a short tour; we also will only go after you make a full recovery from your wound, Brother," Daemon said as if he saw through Viserys's mind.

"...Fine, then I approve," Viserys said. "Oh, will you two go on the dragon's back?"

"We will only bring Syrax and Sunfyre; for main transportation, we will use a ship from Black Water Bay to the white harbor," Daemon answered.

"I understand the importance of making Syrax known, but why bring Sunfyre too?"

"Showing a newly hatched Dragon would remind those sheep that the Gods still favor Targaryen; it would also remind them why they worshipped us in the first place." Daemon winked at Viserys.