#5 - The Bake Off

Crowley had been dragged to the grocery store with Aziraphale. "Come on dear, We need flower." Aziraphale hurries, basically running to the baking isle. He holds a list of things he needs to make an apple pie. Crowley pushes the cart, following the angel, pretending to be annoyed to be there, but secretly happy to help Aziraphale. Aziraphale throws a bag of flower into the cart, not paying attention to anything but the list. "We're running out of tea bags, do you want me to get anything from another isle angel?" Crowley asks, slouching onto the cart's handle. "Oh, could you get a stick of butter?" Aziraphale asks. "sure." Crowley runs off to another isle, not wanting to break Aziraphale's concentration. 

--

Once they get back to Crowley's flat, Aziraphale takes over the kitchen, putting his grocery bags on almost every table. "when do we have to leave angel?" Crowley asks, going to sit down on the couch.  "In about an hour, at 3." He replies. 

--

An hour later Crowley drives them both to a small baking competition in a small park just outside of Soho. Aziraphale gets out of the car first, taking his ingredients out of the back seat. He happily walks over to the sign in board. Crowley watches, wondering how Aziraphale wasn't so stressed, he was competitive in things like these. Crowley follows his partner. 

About a half an hour later, Crowley still watches Aziraphale. "Are you okay Angel?" He asks. "Of course, why do you ask?" Aziraphale replies while he mixes the filling. "No reason." Crowley lies. "He better be good, because the judges wont after they try that pie." A neighboring baker named Betsy calls out. "you better take that Tarnation out of your mouth right now Betsy. I'd like to see you try to bake a pie in your life, instead of those fudge nuggets you call cookies." Aziraphale snaps back, staring straight into her soul, stopping his stirring. "Angel, Angel calm down." Crowley tries to intervene, hoping for him to not cause a scene, that was his job. 

-- 

Once the places were set out, the judges confirm that Aziraphale had won. As the ribbon is put on his chest, Aziraphale smirks at Betsy, silently mouthing "Who was right."