#11 - Rooftop (A)

Crowley was alone. He was always alone since that morning. That morning when everything he ever cared for was ripped away from him. No one ever even noticed when he was alone, it was what everyone saw him as now. It used to be him and his angel, but he would never come back.

Crowley spent a lot of time on the rooftop. No one ever noticed as the only other person who lived in the flats was a little half-deaf old lady who lived below Crowley. She didn't care about the roof at all. In fact Crowley was truly convinced she didn't even know he lived over her.

Crowley takes a sip of wine from the bottle beside him that's been laying on its side for about and hour now. He puts the bottle down and looks into his lap. There was a dirty old waistcoat staring back up at him. He picks the waistcoat up and hugs it tight to his chest. Tears began to fill his glasses, streaming down onto the waistcoat. "Why did you have to leave me?" He complains to himself.

Suddenly from behind him, Crowley hears the door open. He doesn't care and thinks it may just be the janitor, she did take her smoke breaks up there. She was the only one who noticed him.

"Crowley." A voice quietly murmurs. Crowley knew that voice, it sounded sad but seemed to still have some cheer in it. Like it always did. It was smooth.

Crowley stays silent. Not wanting to have the conversation he knew was coming. "Crowley?" The voice asks again, louder. He puts the waistcoat down back into his lap and plugs his ears, more tears streaming down him face. Crowley feels the vibrations of footsteps come closer to him. He feels a hand on his shoulder. Crowley tries to smack it away but stops himself. He didn't want to hurt the angel, not like how it did to him. Instead he puts his hand onto the angels. "It's okay dear I'm back." The voice states.  Next thing he knows is that the angel is sitting beside him, hand still on Crowley's shoulder. " you don't have to speak to me, but I wanted to say that I am sorry for what I have done to you. I feel terrible." Aziraphale tells him. Crowley points his head into Aziraphale's direction, showing that he is listening. "I heard all of your prayers, but I thought I could change the system. I know now I was wrong." He continues. The words skipped out of Aziraphale's mouth like they had been rehearsed. Aziraphale takes Crowley's glasses of for him. His yellow eyes shrinking. Crowley goes to hug Aziraphale when suddenly he disappears into dust. Crowley knew it was all fake from the start. This dream had haunted him for the last 6 months, playing over and over one repeat.