Chapter twenty-nine: interview with Selena Gomez

You and Selena have recently done a song-collab for a song that's out now. In a few days time it has reached 12 million streams, now there's rumors about a videoclip to come with it. You're being interviewed on it by James Corden.

"I'm so glad to see you here on the show, it's been so long since I've had either of you here." James speaks excitedly.

"Yes, it feels amazing to be back." Selena replies.

"For me too, since we haven't seen each other since I was here with Scarlett." I remember. "Ah yes, she won my pillow!" James now also remembers.

"She did, yeah. Let's talk about the present now." The audience laughs.

"Yes, after all there's exciting news here.. a new song! Wow." James says. The audience cheers and claps.

"Yes, a new song.." Selena says. "For the record, not just a song.. a song that hit 12 million streams in two days time!" The audience cheers and claps again.

"Yes, great isn't it?" I say. "I'm dying to know something about the two of you, what's your status? What's up with you two?" James asks.

"We're good friends." I reply. "How'd you meet?"

I sign for Selena to answer. "Well uh we met via Miley Cyrus and Camila Cabello.." She starts.

The audience claps and cheers and she waits for them to silence before talking again.

"It was kinda weird at first because we were at the after-party of the Met-Gala and I was with Camila and she was with Miley.. I was a big fan of her, I admired and adored her so much.. Camila saw Miley and wanted to go for a chat so we went over there and you can explain the rest." She laughs after she's said it.

"Thanks, I get to explain the embarrassing part. So, they came over to us and we were pretty far from this world by then, we already had somewhat much to drink that night.." The audience laughs. "So they came up to me and Selena went fangirling over me so I was like 'chill mate, I'm just here to party' and we laughed. Then I don't know how, she ended up staying over at my house after I had apparently invited her over and in the morning we talked some more and became friends." I laugh.

"It's funny, I can imagine you sleeping peacefully, then waking up and thinking like 'what the hell is she doing in my house?'" James says and the audience laughs and applauds.

"It will remain a beautiful story to tell the grandkids." We all laugh.

"It will, it's strange to realize you can become friends with someone that easily, I mean, one night of partying and you're in my friend." We laugh.

"It's not like 'if they wanted to they would' it's like 'just do it dude, make the first move.'"

"I totally agree with that." Selena laughs.

"Let's move on to the next, and more interesting, subject: 'what's up with this new song?'" The audience laughs.

"What do you want to know?" I ask. "Firstly, what's the song about? I mean, it's a song you can vibe to for sure but if you listen to the lyrics it definitely has a meaning and thoughts behind them. Tell me about it."

Selena sings for me to answer. "First of all, it was exactly our idea to put thoughts into a song you can vibe to. Second of all, I think it's most about having to find the strength and ability to stand up for yourself no matter what." I answer.

"How'd you come up with that idea?" He then asks.

"Well when we talked a lot we found out both of us have been bullied at some point in our lives and we never really stood up for ourselves when it happened. We wanted to tell the world that it's important to stand up for yourself and not let anyone bring you down no matter what." Selena replies.

"That's a wonderful message to the world. Now there's rumors about a videoclip, can you tell me something about that?" James asks.

"We can. We've definitely discussed the subject ever since it appeared in the media but after talking about it we've both agreed to put that on hold since I will be performing a lot the next couple of weeks and there's also premieres and filming a few episodes so I'm fully booked." The audience aw's me.

"And I will be making a Europe-trip in the next couple of weeks. For fun and for work, I will perform sometimes and just enjoy vacation on other times." She giggles.

"You heard them, no upcoming videoclip." James states. "It was great to have you here, I'll see you another time."

"Great to be here, thanks." We both hug him shortly before leaving the stage with a lot of applauding and cheering behind us.

A/N: wow, it's been long since I posted a new chapter on this book, I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading :)

Name a celebrity you know ———————>

See you in the next chapter!