Chapter 8

Cora

He started taking menacing steps towards me making me feel small and vulnerable, he had this look in his eyes, they almost seemed inhumane.

"I don't know how you did it, but you have my cousin on a leash already" he muttered lowly glaring at me, his sage green eyes piercing into my skull, I just shake my head with the little strength I have.

I don't even know what he's talking about, what does he mean I have his cousin on a leash?
I didn't even ask for any of this.

"You're sly and cunning, which is why I have you down here" he said stopping in front of me before taking steps towards the table, God please don't let him torture me again.

"Your husband has called me, he didn't seemed thrilled that I have his wife locked up in my basement" he muttered clattering the knives in the table.

My ear perk at the mention of Lorenzo, he has called, they know where I am, oh God I feel like breathing out in relief.

Cara will come find me, Enzo, they both know where I am and who has me and who he thinks I am, oh thank God

"He wants me to hand you over to him, but I don't think so, like I said, you'll be here until I have no further use for you" he says walking towards me with a small bottle in his hands.

It has no label and the content inside looks transparent, I wonder what it is.

"You have my cousin countering my orders in my own home, I'm going to punish you for that" he says walking towards me and I start shaking my head with each step he takes.

None of this is my fault, I didn't ask his cousin to argue with him, how is it my punishment to take?

"I'm going to break you Cara, by the time Lorenzo comes for you, you'd be nothing but a shadow of yourself" he mutters before holding my cut arm, the same one that had been bleeding for the past days or hours, I don't know.

The bottle in his hand is open and so is my wound, he then lowers the bottle on my arm and as soon as the contents of the bottle touches my arm I feel the air being sucked out of my lungs.

If I thought I felt pain when he cut me or drove his fingers into the open wound, I was fucking wrong, I hadn't felt pain like this in my life

I literally saw stars and felt as if the wound was being punctured with so many sterilized needles, every pain I felt before doubled by 10 and my head and ears became too heavy for me.

The only thing I can hear is the high pitched screaming, which echoes around the basement, apparently it's coming from me.

My vision gets blurry and my head lolls backwards as I give in to the darkness

_______________________________________

I feel like someone's touching me, more like touching my arm, I know I'm lying down because my head no longer feels heavy, but the throbbing is still there.

I can hear their breathing, slow, steady and calm and also feel their touch on my skin, I'm still on the cold, hard floor.

I open my eyes slowly, I can't make out the face of the person in front of me, he's talking and at the same time tying something around my arm, I close my eyes back and will myself to open them.

One more time I try and this time they actually stay open, I squint them to be able to make out whosoever is crouching in front of me, my eyes move from their shoes which is brown up to their pants, blue pants and then a white tank top.